Freedom Questions

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are looking into cruising the Freedom of the Seas in January. We have cruised Disney with the family several times and Princess and Holland without kids. I have a few questions regarding Royal Caribbean and Freedom. First off, we have children 4 and 6. We looked into booking a deluxe ocean view which says is has a sofa bed. How is the bed set up? On Disney the sofa just flips over to a twin mattress and and the top bunk comes down from the wall on top of it. Is the sofa bed on Freedom just one bigger bed that could sleep two or does one come out somewhere?

Also, how are the kids activities for entertainment purposes? Is there a lot of do for the preschool aged kids? They loved Disney and i know it will be tough to compare, but I have heard Royal is great for families as well. Is the kids club a good experience for them? Is there any type of water slide or something similar?

Thanks so much for any input you can give us.

Happy Cruising!

Caroline

Freedom has the Dreamworks characters, so that part is usually fun for little ones. There is a character breakfast (for an extra fee) that has gotten good reviews. They also have parades several times throughout the cruise.

My kids were older when we were on last Spring (8 and 11). They didn't really like the kids club because it was similar to their after-school program (lots of group games, etc) and there was so much to do on the ship outside of the program that they wanted to do. They spent A LOT of time in the pool, loved the ice skating and the flow rider. We also did some of the 3-D movies in the theater and my kids liked the entertainment too (Broadway type shows, aerial act, magician, plus the awesome ice show!).

We had a room with a sofa bed and I agree with Bob, it's big enough for 2 kids.

There are no waterslides on Freedom, but the H20 zone is like a splash park on land with lots of water squirting out all over. There is also a small circular "lazy river" type pool that my kids got a kick out of.

It's not Disney, but it's a good second best option! :D

I would do some research based on your kids ages. Possibly try to find some reviews of family cruises on Freedom. What are the ages of your kids?

There is not a water slide on Freedom. There is a H20 Zone that has kid friendly water areas. There are kid's clubs but depending on your children's ages may depend on what is available. As far as entertainment, Freedom does have the Dream Works characters available at different times for meets and such but outside of the Adventure Ocean kids club program there isn't much entertainment specifically for children.