Price and booking for july 2016

We are interested for an NCL Cruise with Escape in july 16. NCL have an offer now, but is it safer to wait for lower prices? We think the prices are little high. Do the go down later? Is the ships full in july or is this a month that is a little low season in Florida? How is it to take a cruise in the caribbean in july, weather? All tips are welcome? Thanks!:) Viking in the North of Norway

Edited by Viking Seas
Xtra

We are interested for an NCL Cruise with Escape in july 16. NCL have an offer now, but is it safer to wait for lower prices? We think the prices are little high. Do the go down later? Is the ships full in july or is this a month that is a little low season in Florida? How is it to take a cruise in the caribbean in july, weather? All tips are welcome? Thanks!:) Viking in the North of Norway

Hello Viking Seas from Washington State! I understand wanting to wait to book. It is possible that the prices will go down and there may even be a discount as we get closer to sailing to sell any rooms that are still vacant. The other option is you wait too long and won't be able to book at all. We are still 11 months away, so you definitely have some time to consider.

My recommendation to you is to contact a cruise consultant. We initially put a cabin on hold and then received a few follow-up calls from our assigned cruise consultant (one will be assigned to you or you may contact ours directly: Miriam Leonhard 877-416-9722 ext 4223). If there is a change in cabin pricing between now and the day we sail, we understand that we will receive a refund of any overpayment. Thankfully, the reverse does not hold true unless there is a change in oil barrel pricing.

Having cruised NCL before, we know what to expect, so choosing this line again was easy and choosing a new ship was even easier. Our only hesitation was because our friends had already chosen a forward-facing suite and we weren't sure how happy we would be in the front. We cruised to Alaska with them two years ago on the Jewel and we each had aft-balcony mini-suites; we still cannot stop talking about how smooth our sail was and how much we enjoyed our balconies. After speaking with Miriam, we booked an aft-Haven suite with our two teenagers (17 and 14 at the time of sailing) and our friends subsequently switched to the rear as well.

Supposedly, this is "low" season in Florida, but I haven't seen any evidence of any price reductions at hotels or on any of the cruises we initially considered before we found out that NCL had a new ship on the schedule. We are still in the beginning stages of our trip and won't even be able to book airfare for some time, but we will be arriving in Miami a few days early so we can take in some sights before our cruise.

It is my understanding that it will be quite warm. The average temperature in port cities are as follows:

Miami, FL: H 88F/31C L 75F/24C

St. Thomas, USVI: H 89F/32C L 79F/26C

Tortola, BVI: H 89F/32C L 79F/26C

Nassau, Bahamas: H 89F/32C L 78F/25C

As you can see, the temperature range isn't very large and the locations are all similar.

I hope I have helped, even if just a little. If you choose to book this cruise, be sure to sign up for the roll call where you posted your other question.

Good luck!

~K