Staying docked in HKG & Singapore

majesty318

I'm working on a detailed itinerary for our days in Hong Kong. I saw you mentioned the shuttle from Kai Tak should go to Diamond Hill MTR. That is also the stop for Nanlian Gardens, if my research is correct. So am I correct in assuming Nanlian would be easy to get to from the ship? Thinking of doing that on the last morning ship is docked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Short answer - very easy to get to from the ship/KTCT, directly too.

Assuming you are on the X's Millennium next month, it's sailing late on its last day @ 20:00 or 8 PM local time, plenty to do all day before all abroad - so, definitely lots of time to visit the Gardens.

The Green Mini Bus route (PMB) serving the KTCT goes to the Kowloon Bay MTR Station, not Diamond Hill - it's just 2 easy stops away - look for & use the Exit "C1" marked/closest to the Garden, bilingual signage that look like this as you walk from the platform level up to the concourse - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/07/02/14/b1/use-exit-c1-from-diamond.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g294217-d1645928-i117576881-Nan_Lian_Garden-Hong_Kong.html&h=413&w=550&tbnid=2StBJEraSE-bmM:&docid=QJiNEaY67hWEpM&ei=FX8UVrXBG4vY-QG42p2gBw&tbm=isch&ved=0CC8QMygOMA5qFQoTCPWflIGkr8gCFQtsPgodOG0HdA

Here's the official MTR Station Map in PDF format, download & save it to your smartphone/iPad for use or reference later, even if you don't have access to WiFi - http://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/routemap.pdf

General MTR info/link - http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/system_map.html

By then, you should be comfortable get around Kowloon & even the island side of H.K. as the public/mass transit system is excellent and visitors' friendly. If the taxi lines aren't bad for that morning, you might want to consider just taking a taxi ride directly to the Garden, instead of paying the fares for 2+ people on the PMB and then again on the MTR subway (since there's no "free" transfer between them) - perhaps cost you $2 or 3 USD more at most - saving a little time & walking into/out of stations with the transfers, dropping you steps away nearest to the entrance. It's a short ride & inexpensive by U.S. standards, and most taxi drivers are honest, have the address/name written or pre-printed in "traditional" Chinese to show will help too, in case of any language issues, as not all drivers speak or read English well, a few do but most don't.

We flew into South Korea last month & got the airport help desk to write our hotel's name & address in Korean - make it a breeze to show to the driver & the taxi stand's dispatcher even wrote in the approximate metered fares in "Won" dollars for us on the fare guide/card for all visitors, at 1 AM in the morning local time.

Edited by mking8288

we are docking in the Millenium and many of us have late flights. Any suggestions on where to check luggage at port? Dont know if ship would let us leave bags since they are overnighting or when we would have to disembark.

Would welcome any suggestions as to how to handle that last, long day.

If you are docking at Marina Bay Cruise Centre (I was just looking at the site strangely enough) they have left luggage.

http://www.mbccs.com.sg/inside-mbccs/left-baggage

Also on the tip advisor reviews of MBCC someone has posted they left luggage there and it was very handy.

That is very helpful info! Thanks. We are doing a tour that day but if we had less luggage, we could take more people and use a smaller vehicle.

Would it make sense to drop off people at hotel, go back to port to get bags, and then go to tbe airport? I don't know the respective locations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread after our trip.

There were 2 free shuttle buses in the terminal sponsored by local malls, one went to Kwun Tong and one to Diamond Hill. I saw lots of green public buses in the terminal but didn't check their schedules or routes.

We took a taxi from TST to the terminal 3 times. The most expensive was HKD 100 when we had luggage; the other times it was 80 & 85.

Is there any chance to leave the suitcases for one day in the cruise terminal in Singapur?

I think we need to leave the ship 6 a.m. and our flight doesnt leave till 11pm.

thanks for the help

Not sure if you still need this info, but there was luggage storage at the cruise terminal.

• 1 month later...

Majesty, thx for posting. What time did you need to check in on Day 1, what time did you need to return on Day 2?

Want to go to Lantau. Trying to figure out if better to go from hotel in TST or ship in KT. Had read that need to return by 5 even though departure not until 8.

Anyone know or have suggestions?

Majesty, thx for posting. What time did you need to check in on Day 1, what time did you need to return on Day 2?

Want to go to Lantau. Trying to figure out if better to go from hotel in TST or ship in KT. Had read that need to return by 5 even though departure not until 8.

Anyone know or have suggestions?

Check in was between 12-4. Day 2, yes, we had to be back at 5 pm, super early considering sailing was not till 8.

Thx, frustrating. What would happen if you arrived at ship the evening of day 1?

Are you posting a review? Got loads of questions...

I don't know about late arrival day 1, since we got there during the window, but my guess would be it would not be a big deal. The gangway was open 24 hours. But just my guess!

I wasn't planning on doing a review, but if you give me your email, I will reply so you can ask your questions. I would be happy to answer! Just don't like posting my email publicly since it's my full name.

Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at Hong Kong cruise terminal KTCT?

We are planning to visit the chi chi nunnery at diamond hill so just thinking we could leave our luggage in storage, get the free shuttle to diamond hill and back, retreive our luggage then taxi to hotel from port.

Do MRT stations in Hong Kong have escalators or lifts? Are there any maxi taxis? We are a group of 10 and will have 8 pieces of luggage, some people just dont know how to pack light, so assume we will need 3 taxis due to the amount of luggage.

Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at Hong Kong cruise terminal KTCT?

We are planning to visit the chi chi nunnery at diamond hill so just thinking we could leave our luggage in storage, get the free shuttle to diamond hill and back, retreive our luggage then taxi to hotel from port.

Do MRT stations in Hong Kong have escalators or lifts? Are there any maxi taxis? We are a group of 10 and will have 8 pieces of luggage, some people just dont know how to pack light, so assume we will need 3 taxis due to the amount of luggage.

Not sure about the luggage storage, but there were escalators in all the MRT stations we passed through

When overnighting on the ship in Singapore, what's the process with customs and immigration? Are there security scans etc.?

And same question for disembarking...we'll be staying on a couple of nights in a downtown hotel before flying out.

When overnighting on the ship in Singapore, what's the process with customs and immigration? Are there security scans etc.?

And same question for disembarking...we'll be staying on a couple of nights in a downtown hotel before flying out.

You have to go through immigration and show your passport every time you get off. When we disembarked for good, they scanned the luggage, but otherwise no issues if you have nothing to declare.

Thx for all info.

How long should we plan from leaving ship to meeting tour guide? Longer in 2nd day than first?

The first day we got off right when the gangway opened and had to wait in line. So I would say maybe half an hour. The second day you get off with your luggage tag group, so there was less waiting.

• 9 months later...
Returning to hK andboarding Millennium again for China/ Korea.

Know that check in/ immigration times were an issue for SE Asia.

Anyone know schedule for this itinerary? Departure 8 PM.

I would suggest checking with your cruiseline for the latest advisory & recommended arrival time for embarkation.

There are no known issues recently that I read or aware of at the KTCT - immigration and customs, and port security screening are highly efficient and professional in HKG ... and, with the steady increases in port/ship traffic and experienced-based learning ongoing, things are vastly better than the initial opening in 2013. Their official English website has the latest update/info and no advisories posted - http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/passenger-info/

Depending on where you are coming from - airport, island-side or Kowloon side, etc. - just allow a little extra time during the mid/late afternoon rush hour traffic in town. Taxi drivers are very good in getting around & staying alert of all the bottlenecks on the roads for the day.

On a related FYI note to other interested pax and day-trippers going ashore & return, KMB has added the #5R bus route that run in a short circular loop to one of the nearest MTR subway station @ Ngau Tau Kok. http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/5R.jpg

Sorry, can't help with the itinerary but check-in time is not a known problem at KT.