Los food poisening

ginaf

We also left Liberty today, ate at Chops Tuesday night. I had the crab cake (I think it also had shrimp) and did not get ill after.

ETA: it's my understanding that most common food borne illnesses will start within about 8 hours after you eat something contaminated. If you are sick today, it's probably not something you ate yesterday.

Sorry, but symptoms can start in as little as 2 hours after consumption.

Sorry, but symptoms can start in as little as 2 hours after consumption.

Or as long as a week or more after. (The post you were replying to, btw, said "within" 8 hours, which is in line with your "as little as" 2 hours. But the within 8 hrs for most food borne illnesses is incorrect. Most are actually longer incubation than that, but some common ones can be that fast.)

Edited by Paul65

I became sick within an hour after eating at Giovanni's once but I have CD/wheat allergy. They promised it was all Gluten free... Messed up my evening but fine the next day. Yes those bathrooms are tiny. So any chance of food allergy issues. It sounds like how I get if glutened :(

I'm betting it was food poisoning b/c it sounds like my experience with bad mussels once and a a bad claim another time. After being terribly miserably in multiple ways at the same time............... sort of felt almost normal next day. Norovirus would last longer, I'd think.

Make sure you don't take Imodium AD, it needs to get out. But when there is nothing left in stomach, you've ridden the bad stuff many times and just need some sleep, Ondansetron (Zofran) can be a godsend. If a doc will give you a prescription you can pack them "just in case". I saved some from a really bad food poisoning episode where it was prescribed.

I use Zofran all the time and bring both the orally disintegrating tablets and the tablets and bring plenty of them.

I tend to get a little nauseated after most meals so I keep them on-hand.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Two people sick at almost the exact same time? Almost certainly from consuming something.

Just because nobody else was affected, doesn't make it untrue. It could be from one piece of meat/fish, which not everyone would consume.

Also, the vomiting/diarrhea appearing within a couple of hours is usually because of toxins in the food produced by bacteria, likely Staph. Otherwise, I believe the symptoms wouldn't appear until much later. Norovirus would take 12 to 48 hours to show, and it would be very unlikely to happen to both of them at the same time.