British Colonial Hotel Nassau......

esdoorn

....thinking of getting a day pass for the resort. Cost is $60.00 per person, but includes $40.00 worth of food/beverage credit.

This will be our first time in Nassau, so planning on spending time at the resort and shopping in the downtown area within walking distance of the cruise port.

Has anyone else done this.....did you enjoy the resort?

Thanks!

We went there once when our lads were young (8 and 11) and spent the day. It is very close to the pier. The beach was ok, we had use of the pool.

It was very nice that there were no vendors, no one bugging me to braid my hair, no one selling drugs. And yes you will get bothered constantly in Nassau for taxis, hair braiding and drugs.

It was a nice day, and the resort is small, but it seemed clean and well maintained. You can't beat the location.

We went there a couple of years ago once... I really liked how we could watch the ships come in and dock right in front of us. I didn't think they were the most receptive to us as far as drinks/food, but I think we didn't understand how the waiters worked... LOL

having said that, once in Nassau is really all anyone needs (in my opinion) and although we have gotten off the ship since then, we quickly reboard. I think it is more fun to use the slides/pools on the ship while everyone else is gone :)

But yes, I thought it was nice. I got to use the wifi there and facetime my mom, which she really enjoyed. lol

Have fun! It's really pretty.

....thinking of getting a day pass for the resort. Cost is $60.00 per person, but includes $40.00 worth of food/beverage credit.

This will be our first time in Nassau, so planning on spending time at the resort and shopping in the downtown area within walking distance of the cruise port.

Has anyone else done this.....did you enjoy the resort?

Thanks!

We just did this on July 4th, and had a great time. I have a whole segment dedicated to this in my Splendor 6/29/15 photo review. The link is in my signature.

We were also contemplating that on our last cruise bit decided to go to the "free" beach. Big mistake and never again. Had to pay for cab, then rented chairs and had vendors bugging the crap out of us. I so wished we had done a private resort. Whatever you do, don't go to the free beach it's not worth it. We ended up spending about as much as we would had we gone to a private beach.

We just did this on July 4th, and had a great time. I have a whole segment dedicated to this in my Splendor 6/29/15 photo review. The link is in my signature.

Thanks.....enjoyed your review.......our ports of call on our cruise are Grand Turk - HMC and Nassau, so the review was very informative for us!

How does the food/beverage credit work? Do they set up an account with a card tor something like that, (that is linked to your credit card) that you use to purchase food/drinks and then settle the account up at the end of the day?

We've been to Nassau a few times and tried out the BCH on our last visit in 2013. We really enjoyed our time there and would certainly go back. We went for a few hours in the morning/early afternoon and then took a stroll through downtown on the way back to the ship.

How does the food/beverage credit work at the hotel?

Do they set up an account with a card you swipe or something similar to that, (that is linked to your credit card) for you use to purchase food/drinks (using up the credit) and then settle the account up at the end of the day if you go over the $80.00 limit?

We were there last week and thought it was great. $40 goes a long way. We split ad mahi wrap and fries and used the rest for beer. Very quite, peaceful, and the water was very clear. The snorkel equipment and towels are included. They keep up with your tab at the bar. We would ask for our balance a couple of times. By the time we hit our limit we were ready to leave anyway.

Thanks!

Sounds like we will have a great time. Think we are planning to go there between 10am to 3pm and then do some shopping.

If anyone has some helpful tips about the hotel and is willing to share them, it would be greatly appreciated.\\

Get there early. We could not get a chair by the pool. Most of the chairs on the beach were broken. However, we had a wonderful time. The $40 covered lunch and 2 drinks.

How early?

Pretty sure it said on the booking form that the allotted time for folks with a daypass is 9:30am to 5:00pm.

We were playing on having breakfast and getting off ship around 8:15am and stroll around the area and get to the hotel about 9:15am. Do you think this is workable or show we show up earlier and say my-bad....didn't see the 9:30am timeframe on the booking.

We paid in cash at the hotel check in counter, and then they kept a tab for us at the bar... We just made sure we got to 40 (or whatever it was then) and left... :)

You can walk there, unless of course you can't walk, then of course you couldn't... :rolleyes:

Enjoyed your pictures (page 17 for those looking).

How much to rent the Kayaks?

Loved your pictures. It looks like the perfect spot for a cruise fanatic!

• 2 months later...

I had reserved this, but when we got to nassau it was very windy and overcast, so we ended up not going. As far as I have been able to tell i haven't been charged more than the deposit. Some of our friends went ahead and went and said it was a waste of money since it was so windy, and the pool was cold. :(