Europe 2017

markusbleichner

No, it's just that the summer 2017 itineraries haven't been announced yet.

There is just the Spirit in Europe for winter 2016/17, but there was only ever planned to be the one. It's just changed from Epic to Spirit.

The Epic and Star will be back from their travels in Summer 2017, and I assume the Jade as well.

Hi,

regarding Europe in 2017, there's nothing officially announced yet.

Some sources speculate on NCL Bliss, coming to Europe in 2017 to replace Epic - but that's just SPECULATION!

Maybe Epic is heading to Asia from 2017 than - at least I hope so.

Star might operate on Mediterranean cruises - either 7 nights from/to Venice, or the 12 nighters between barcelona and Venice. IMHO it makes sense if she stayed in Venice in 2017, since her repo from Dubai via Suez Canal ends in Venice in April 2017.

Jade, however, might sail from Copenhagen than. [emoji5]

Edited by celebrity_fan

Not to be a negative Nancy, anxious waiting for the 2017 Europe release but I don't expect anything big. Total berth for all lines in the Med has been slowly decreasing since 2011, cruise lines went from multiple ships to less but larger ships.

The penetration of the European market seems to be bit slow, regarding consumers. "We" are picking up on cruising in general but have a lot of alternatives on hand in Europe, beach holidays, camping, old cities, etc. Therefore there's no direct need for multiple ships doing varied itineraries for the returning passengers. We, Europeans, filling the ships in the Med for about let's say 75%, are presumably easier to satisfy with a standard Med sailing, for now. And we spend less on board, I guess.

But, I do hope for something fresh and new! :)

I personally rather expect a shifting regarding the ships, than any new itineraries.

As I have mentioned above, I expect the following, more or less:

-NCL Bliss/Escape/Epic: 7 night Med from Barcelona

-NCL Jade: 7-14 night Baltic/Norway/Arctic Circle from Copenhagen

-NCL Star: 7 night Med from Venice

-NCL Spirit: 12 night Med Barcelona <--> Venice, plus winter itineraries

NCL rather focuses on standard itineraries, and with this deployment, the most important cruise destinations in Europe are covered. [emoji5]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have an idea when NCL will release sailings for Europe summer 2017? I am considering booking Norwegian or Celebrity for that period and have heard Celebrity will be releasing summer 2017 towards the end of this November. I'm torn with booking with Celebrity immediately then, or holding off and waiting to see pricing/itineraries for Norwegian.

According to Port of Rome's website NORWEGIAN EPIC is scheduled every wednesday in summer 2017. Always coming from Barcelona and leaving for Livorno. Looks like there will be no big surprises in 2017.

I hope we do get the Bliss in Europe!

From what i understand is that the NORWEGIAN BLISS will take delivery now in 2018. The next Breakaway Plus ship will be the one for chinese market and should be delivered in early 2017.