Quantum Class

Newby58

Ovation of the Seas will be visiting Australia soon. I am contemplating joining a voyage. I am wondering why Anthem and Quantum of the Seas have 50% or less for satisfaction as per the cruise reviews on CC? For example, Radiance has 82% satisfaction. Voyager of the Seas less than that. What do you think?

I have posted on the Australian NZ forum, however, assume this may be the more appropriate place to ask about Quantum class.

Ovation of the Seas will be visiting Australia soon. I am contemplating joining a voyage. I am wondering why Anthem and Quantum of the Seas have 50% or less for satisfaction as per the cruise reviews on CC? For example, Radiance has 82% satisfaction. Voyager of the Seas less than that. What do you think?

I have posted on the Australian NZ forum, however, assume this may be the more appropriate place to ask about Quantum class.

Actually, there is a separate forum for Quantum class.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=872

But at least some of that "percentage" comes from deep discontent when the Quantum first sailed. Statistics include reviews from every cruise, beginning with the first.

There were a lot of glitches in the rollout.

In addition, many people don't like change, and Dynamic Dining was a favorite whipping boy.

I sailed on Quantum for a total of 22 nights. I loved each and every day on her, and have another 22 nights scheduled on the Anthem. I would not hesitate to book the Ovation. And I may!

Edited by Merion_Mom

We sailed 12 nights on Quantum and loved it. In fact we have Ovation booked for the repositioning cruises from Barcelona to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore. I agree with Merion_Mom. The bad reviews are mostly from people that sailed early when there were glitches or those that hated Dynamic Dining.

Another thing to note is that the professional reviews tend to rate the Quantum class highly.

Reading the reviews does show that knowing what doing your research ahead of time and knowing what you are signing up for is really important. For example booking some things ahead of time, the best times for getting on the North Star, how dynamic dining works, what each of the restaurants is about, activity options, etc.

The ships will take time to find their market. As these are new ships many will be seasoned cruisers and for some the ships dont suit, being so different from the rest of the fleet. Once the ships start attracting repeat custom and passengers who know what to expect from them then the review ratings will rise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have sailed 24 times with RCCL across a variety of classes and sailed on Quantum for the first time earlier this year. Yes, there were issues with Dynamic dining but not enough to put me off and that apart, she is a truly beautiful ship. We would definitely sail on this class of ship again.

The features and décor were a refreshing change from the usual layout which we have become familiar with.

I agree with the above posts - we were on anthem for 12 nights this year ( I have a review posted ) and we had a fabulous time. Beautiful ship , great food , great service , excellent staterooms and loads to do on board. The key to enjoying quantum class ( in my opinion ) is to do your research in advance , get your shows and restaurants booked prior to leaving ( although you will find that amending reservations onboard is very easy ) and don't expect the ships to be the same as others in the fleet because they are just something a bit different. A lot of the poor reviews came from people who were expecting something else although to be sure there were a lot of teething problems.

Don't hesitate to book ovation - you will love it.

Edited by Trixie21

We sailed Quantum 12/1/14 and loved her!!! I didn't do a review because people were so negative and were lambasting anyone who enjoyed her and dynamic dining and then she was going to China. Gorgeous ship, great food, wonderful and exciting new amenities. Can't wait to go on Anthem on day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed Quantum and loved her, so much so we are booked for a 9 night on Anthem. Many complained in various internet forums/social media and we heard complainers on board. We ignored them all! Treated the staff with appreciation and warmth and got the same in return. We had no problems with reservations, though it was tricky to make at first. IT hasn't been RCI's best area of service. The ship is beautiful, the rooms are wonderful, and the activities are fun (and unlike other ships in many ways). Book her and enjoy her!

Marion Mom pretty well summarized the reasons that Quantum class ships originally received less positive reviews than some of RCI's other classes of ships.

We too have sailed on Quantum and fully enjoyed it, glitches not withstanding, and look forward to sailing on Anthem and any subsequent ships in that class. I think that you will find that the positive rankings of Quantum class ships will improve considerably over time and you should look forward to sailing on this class of ship rather than worry about others opinions. Their experiences won't necessarily reflect your own.

Edited by negc

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, there is a separate forum for Quantum class.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=872

In addition, many people don't like change, and Dynamic Dining was a favorite whipping boy.

This. My husband and I sailed on Quantum in February and we LOVED it. We are going on Anthem in Jan. We overheard lots of passengers complaining about the dynamic dining - if you are used to the old fashioned way then it takes some getting used to. The DD was actually one of the things we loved most about the ship. We ate somewhere different every night, at whatever time suited us. Also, the specialty restaurants are worth the cover charge (except Wonderland, did not love that one). We did Chef's Table and it was honestly the best experience we've ever had (gourmet meal + a generous wine pairing with each course). SO MUCH FUN. Don't let the negative reviews turn you off.