Bringing Wine onboard

bobnjeff

I have just had my delivery of alcohol for our cruise and it consists of 4 bottles of champagne, 3 bottles of red and a bottle of white. I don't usually take much because I find I just end up bringing it home again, but it's a longish cruise so.... hic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

11 Sept Arcadia USA and Canada, I'm afraid it's 3 bottles of red now because we just drank one.... 8 green bottles in the bottle rack, but if one green bottle... [emoji15] hope you have a great cruise, it's usually difficult not to!

11 Sept Arcadia USA and Canada, I'm afraid it's 3 bottles of red now because we just drank one.... 8 green bottles in the bottle rack, but if one green bottle... [emoji15] hope you have a great cruise, it's usually difficult not to!

so Florry.. How many green bottles will be left by 10.9.???

We're on B630 Canary Islands. It's our first one and we're really looking forward to it. Hope you have a great cruise too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The kettle in the cabin and the mature attitude towards alcohol - both in their pricing and personal consumption - are the main reasons we continue to cruise with P&O (the other is the absence of the enforced gratuity each time you purchase a glass of wine, etc). Small things they may seem, but as always in life, the devil is in the detail.

Incidentally, re: boxes of wine, it's possible to find 2.25 litres now which is 3 bottles; and M&S do a 1.5 litre pouch which is handy to squeeze into a tight space in a suitcase.

Totally agree with both of you.

One of the reasons we very much like P&O is the lack of a service charge on alcohol and the kettle provided in the cabins. Hardly any other cruise line provides this. As mentioned, their mature attitude to bringing your own alcohol on board is to be commended. We are adults and should be treated as such.

One of the reasons we very much like P&O is the lack of a service charge on alcohol and the kettle provided in the cabins. Hardly any other cruise line provides this. As mentioned, their mature attitude to bringing your own alcohol on board is to be commended. We are adults and should be treated as such.

Thomson also have kettles in their cabins (but no biscuits :mad:) and no service charge or added tips. They also allow you to bring alcohol on board. But then their drink prices are very reasonable like P&O and unlike RCI & Celebrity! Edited by CRUISIN LINDA