TA OBC When does it appear

elkay68

We are receiving some OBC from our TA? Typically when does it appear on our account? On embarkation day, a few days later? Is there anyway to confirm ahead of time. I will being all documentation from TA showing credit. Thank you for any responses.

Yes, bring your documentation from the TA. Our TA said it should show up after our final invoice was paid but you won't see it on your on board account for a day or two after you sail. Same thing with pre-paid grats from a TA. Seems to take the ship's staff a day or two to catch up.

We have seen ours on the first day and sometimes later. Just make sure you have paperwork from your agent with that listed. Take it along in case X has to confirm with the agency . Most important is that you have it on paper from the agency..not just a verbal promise.

My wife and I have been on 30+ cruises with Celebrity and have always received any promised OBC within 48 hours after boarding.

A manager in the Guest Relations (Purser’s) office (who we’ve known for several years) provided the following explanation:

An OBC is an “on-board” credit to your ship-board account, and therefore, you will not receive the OBC until you are officially “on-board” the ship. It usually takes from 24 to 48 hours for the ship and the Celebrity HQ in Miami to confirm (via batch data transmissions) who is “on-board” the ship and what “on-board” credits are to be applied to what accounts.

However, always bring any documentation (such as emails from TAs or RCCL’s Investor Relations) that promises an OBC.

You need to bring documentation. Ours did not appear until day 6. I needed to visit Guest Relations, produce copies and they needed to contact the Miami office. I had even booked directly with Celebrity and needed to produce documentation.

We have had our TA OBC take 2-7 days to appear. On one cruise it wasn't showing up by day 7 so I went to Guest Relations with documentation in hand and X claims they had no record of it. After a few phone calls to the head office the credit all of a sudden showed up. Documentation is key.

On another note, keep tabs on your charges as you might find a few misc charges tossed in you bill. Every cruise we have traveled on Celebrity we have had incorrect charges on our account.

Edited by floralscent