Where to Meet CC friends on PG

Lynne A.

Looking forward to meeting new Cruise Critic friends on the PG on OCT. 8th sailing. Can any of you who have cruiser on the PG before tell us where would be a good place and time to meet?

We both think the cruise won't be too full since we 2 are the only ones who have responded to "roll call". What do you all think?

We are very excited!

Thanks, Lynne

Well, have a great cruise, and hope you turn up some more folks who are going. Don't know what has replaced the sailaway party, since the ship now leaves Papeete really late to accommodate the direct flight from NY, but La Palette before dinner sounds good, although you may want to have a second meeting arranged for the next morning for late arrivals--La Palette still fills the bill, as it's open for coffee.

Lynne, maybe La Palette is our best bet. That night or the next morning?

Have you gotten a form from RSSC asking what you want to have in your refrigerator? We haven't. I will call them tomorrow.

Good luck with all the catering jobs! You must be a fantastic cook, but from what I hear the PG will not be a disappointment. If only I had lost 20 lbs. before the cruise. Too late now!

TTYS—

Judi

Judi,

Yes, let's meet in La Pallete on Sunday after the lifeboat drill. (I think it's on Sunday). There's a good chance we might connect beforehand. (you know, since no one else is on our cruise--Ha!) My husband, Wally, is tall with dark hair (some gray) and I am short with short blonde hair. People call us "Mutt and Jeff"! And yes, I am hoping not everyone on the cruise looks like the ones on the brochure!

We didn't get a form for the liquor in the cabin, either. I've read that maybe we can fill it out once on board and then they will bring it. Did you find out anything different?

Well, as far as the cooking, I can follow a good recipe. I have a ton of staff and help. Actually, would like to sell the whole thing sometime soon because it does tie one down. I an fortunate to have reliable staff to be able to leave for 2 weeks. I know we will enjoy the food on the PG. And tasting it all is "just research" for me!!

Less than a week and just a little more for you!!!

Lynne

<<Yes, let's meet in La Pallete on Sunday after the lifeboat drill.>>

OK, that's a plan! I am 5'6" with short, light brownish hair and Jim is 6'1" with silvery hair. We will be the pale ones. (Actually, I am hoping to hit Mystic Tan before we go so I will not blind people in the sun.)

I spoke with someone at RSSC today and they said a form will be in our cabins and they will bring what we want that night. The person said it was on the guest information form, but I filled it out on line and was contacted that they "still" hadn't received it, so I gave our info over the phone but was never asked about drinks, etc. No biggie.

<<Well, as far as the cooking, I can follow a good recipe.>>

I can follow a good recipe, too, and even improvise, but I'd never have the guts (or stamina) to have a restaurant and catering business. More power to you!

<< I know we will enjoy the food on the PG. And tasting it all is "just research" for me!!>>

Of course. This trip should be a business writeoff!

I know you are going to be swamped from now until you get on the plane, but have a smooth and fast trip to Paradise and we'll see you there! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Judi

Hi,

You have settled on the same plan we had for meeting last year but we found the timing did not work because the "Children of Raiatea" show began up on the pool deck shortly after the lifeboat drill finished. Since you only know of each other at this point, you might want to meet up on the pool deck to meet and see the show together. Best seats are near the front. You could decide on Starboard or Port and go there early. If the weather is bad they will change the show to indoors in Le Grand Salon.

This year we learned of 18 that would be on the PG with us. We were able to meet almost everyone before dinner on the first full day onboard and we arranged two adjacent tables for dinner that night.

Have a wonderful time! We throughly enjoyed our trips on PG.

Judi,

If you read this, let's take Kathy's advice and meet up where the Children of Raiata show will be on the starboard side. Plan on coming a little early. Please let me know if you are still checking this forum and read this!

Kathy,

Thanks for the advice. It's hard to really know how the day will go if you've never been on this cruise. I have enjoyed reading your review and all your helpful comments over the last few months. How fun to hook up with so many CC folks onboard. We fly out Tuesday morning to Paradise!!!

Lynne

Archived