Juneau Parking

HappyGirl1959

Is there a place to park a rental car in Juneau while going on a helicopter tour? We are hoping to go to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning via rental car before our afternoon helicopter tour but aren't sure if there will be someplace to leave the car. We could try to return it first if necessary but would like to keep it for further touring of Juneau after the helicopter tour if possible. The tour will pick us up at the pier, but maybe we can drive to their location?

Edited by HappyGirl1959

Is there a place to park a rental car in Juneau while going on a helicopter tour? We are hoping to go to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning via rental car before our afternoon helicopter tour but aren't sure if there will be someplace to leave the car. We could try to return it first if necessary but would like to keep it for further touring of Juneau after the helicopter tour if possible. The tour will pick us up at the pier, but maybe we can drive to their location?

Why don't you just drive to your tour? Did you book independently? The downtown area is very limited for parking.

Why don't you just drive to your tour? Did you book independently? The downtown area is very limited for parking.

Yes, we are booked independently with Coastal. I wasn't sure if driving/parking there was an option but I guess I should check with them. Thanks!

Yes, we are booked independently with Coastal. I wasn't sure if driving/parking there was an option but I guess I should check with them. Thanks!

You don't need to "check", of course there are more than cruise ship passengers who fly with them. Parking is right outside their door. You will be passing right by them, when you go to Mendenhall. Makes FAR better use of time, rather than wasting an hour.

You don't need to "check", of course there are more than cruise ship passengers who fly with them. Parking is right outside their door. You will be passing right by them, when you go to Mendenhall. Makes FAR better use of time, rather than wasting an hour.

Thank you! Yes, that will definitely be a better use of time. I am usually more of a "lurker" than a poster, but I have gotten such valuable information from reading your posts and responses to people. Thank you for taking the time to give such great information :)

Thank you! Yes, that will definitely be a better use of time. I am usually more of a "lurker" than a poster, but I have gotten such valuable information from reading your posts and responses to people. Thank you for taking the time to give such great information :)

Have a great time.