Breakaway to Bermuda...most shady balconies

Lady Arwen

My DH and I are considering the Breakaway to Bermuda for 2016. Due to sun issues, I must have a balcony that is mostly, or all, shaded. Cabin could be either standard or mini-suite.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you so much for helping out!

I believe deck 15, pool deck sticks out further and will give you shade. But this comes at a price of pool deck noise or pool chairs being moved early morning. Look at the pics and you will see an additional 4-6 feet additional overhang.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I'll take a look at that!

Definitely do a B1 aft balcony! Plenty of shade! Here's ours from last month:

19808578244_fa85b7b22e_b.jpg

We were in 12906; I heard the B1s on deck 9 are even deeper and shadier. We had plenty of shade on ours.

Perfect! Thank you so much! I'm going to book a B1 for sure....so relieved that I can have shade.

You might also take a look at the M6 Mini Suite with Large Balcony, only located on deck 8 forward as well. The balconies are very similar to the B1 with about 1/3 being covered. And of course you would get the slightly larger mini suite cabin as well as a deluxe bath with double sink and multi jet rain head showers while the B1 is just a standard cabin with a large balcony.

We really like the aft facing B1s generally, but on the Breakaway class ships we prefer the M6s. The location can't be beat, very near the access to the Waterfront area and a short walk to all the mid ship venues on 6,7, and 8.

Edited by punkincc

Thanks all for your advice! Just booked cabin 9920, which appears to give the most amount of shade. Thought about the M6 cat. but not as shaded. The best news is that our booking was quoted in Canadian dollars at .07% conversion rate!! Unbelievable, as the rate today is closer to 25%. Thank you, NCL!!