fort lauderdale hotel

hockeyluver

Honestly I would just look for a Miami hotel for both nights. Then you are there and are settled, yes its late, but really, only an extra 30 minutes that time of night for travel, and you are done. .

Dan, it is a lot further than 30 minutes.

I left my house on Las Olas at 10:30PM for an 11:45PM pick up at the Miami airport on Tuesday night and just barely made it.

There is so much construction on I-95 (they can only do construction at night, not during the day) that they had ONE lane open going in either direction for about 15 miles.

I make the drive between Miami and Fort Lauderdale a lot and I haven't made it in less than an hour in a couple of years.

I-95 is undergoing major construction.

Thank you , Its great to know which area I should be looking at!! This time I will make sure the hotel has a shuttle !! :eek: If we werent getting in so late after a busy day I would just look to book in Miami but since we have a 5:45pm departure time hubby and I both are going to go to work, so it will be a very long day! :eek:

We have a shuttle company that we have used before ($15 pp) to take us from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, so as long as we can get a shuttle to the hotel the first night we wont be needing the extra cost of the car rental :D

Right now there is a 2* Downtown-Las Olas-Port Everglades hotel on hotwire for the night of 2/5/2016 for $94. I'd jump ALL over that.

Whether you are in any of those locations, there will be a lot of restaurants and stuff you can walk to.

I agree, limit your Fort Lauderdale areas to: Fort Lauderdale Airport and Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades.

Edited by BlueHerons

I don't know where you are flying from in Ontario but did you check out air to Miami instead of FLL? It is sometimes less expensive

We live about 40 minutes from Detriot Metro so we always fly from there, got excellent price for our flights down $68 pp mind you its only one way and with Spirit. We are only bringing one suitcase to share :eek: so its still a great deal!

Thanks for the construction heads up, might just be worth staying in Fort Lauderdale that first night.

Right now there is a 2* Downtown-Las Olas-Port Everglades hotel on hotwire for the night of 2/5/2016 for $94. I'd jump ALL over that.

Whether you are in any of those locations, there will be a lot of restaurants and stuff you can walk to.

I agree, limit your Fort Lauderdale areas to: Fort Lauderdale Airport and Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades.

I see it there but when I click on airport shuttle option it is gone....... we would like the airport shuttle thanks anyway but looking in the area's you suggested What about Hollywood area ? Hollywood - South Fort Lauderdale - Aventura area hotel $102

Edited by hockeyluver

I see it there but when I click on airport shuttle option it is gone....... we would like the airport shuttle thanks anyway but looking in the area's you suggested What about Hollywood area ? Hollywood - South Fort Lauderdale - Aventura area hotel $102

A cab ride with tip will be less than $20 to any of those areas.

The next cheapest hotel in those areas is $129.

I'm trying to get you the easiest, cheapest, deal. No, Aventura will be a PIA to shuttle from the next day.

That $94 is the best deal as far as access to cheap transportation to Miami and from the airport.

Econolodge at US1 and Taft is on their website for $100 prepaid for the Friday night. Advertises an airport shuttle, but I would call them first to ask whether it will pick up that time of night. If not, a cab won't be more than 15 bucks. It's in the direction you want to be going and is close enough to the other airport area hotels that you can still get a shuttle to pick you up there to take you to Miami the next day. I'm sure it's not a great hotel, but for a night, it's not going to be any worse than what you will find for those prices on a February weekend on priceline either.

I still think Miami on Friday night is your best bet, or stay in Ft Lauderdale until Sunday morning. Who needs the hassle of moving around to different hotels to save a couple dollars. But that's only my opinion.