Help!

IAMCRZIN

The way I see it...you are wearing two neutrals.

So you should be able to have a lot of fun with your DH's outfit. Assuming your DH has a black suit...

I would start with his tie. Find a tie that includes some golden colors and if not black, then a dark, dark color that is close enough, and also some other colors...like in a paisley tie...and pick up one of the other colors in the tie for his shirt.

For instance...an all neutrals kind of palette might start from a tie like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaSmzeeHIV9eIFUS61BEbG5fGFofj7eJBJ-hZbi_1RA05k29MvGQ

Pick up on the lovely gray color in the tie for the shirt.

Then you both will be in a kind of sophisticated all neutral kind of look.

I wouldn't have the gold/black be too major a color in the tie...as that would look a bit too matchy and less coordinated.

You could go gold toned...depending on your DH's coloring...and go into a butterscotch/topaz kind of direction like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAJN691gt9AK2GasDvI7xMwFCymLXbFcnbxdo_U0ciWZsCfkSB

And the shirt could be anywhere from a deep russet kind of color through topaz through some of the warm taupes/tan color in the tie...

If you could find a design with something like a warm reddish burgundy...that seems harmonious to my mind as well.

Anyway...I think I made my point. Treat yourself like a neutral and play with introducing a new color or another neutral (besides white) that looks good on your DH.

My DH looks fab in all Autumn colors so I would be going for mustard, butterscotch, rust, russet, burgundy, maybe a chocolate brown?, a warm khaki, a deep tan, a warm charcoal gray, maybe cream?, maybe butter?...

PLAY. Have fun with it.

Hope you get a great picture!

Thank you Anita! I love the idea of the fall colors and picking out the tie first! :D

I'm with Anita also, if you're getting a picture together, start with the tie. Personally I think almost any light color shirt works and tend to think of white shirts as "harsh". Thin "hipper" guys can pull off the black silk tshirt under black jacket but it would look strange on my H (although he's thin he doesn't typically dress "hipster"). I'd probably pick out the lightest subtlest color in the chosen tie and match the shirt to that. Many times for "cruise" photos I'm in black and silver or black and gold and my H tends to wear navy with oxford cloth shirts in pale ivory, or pale yellow, pale green or pale blue and isn't fond of black sport coats or suits and the photos turn out great! But yes, start with the tie!