Cabin Stewards

I've never need on a cruise before and I've heard people saying how good their cabin steward was and they seemed to know a lot about them- do you meet them and introduce yourselves or is it just by chance that they knew their cabin stewards name? Do they clean you room once a day? Do they just do the typical jobs that a hotel maid would do?

When you first enter your cabin you will find a little label or notice with your stewards name on. They might even be around and will knock to introduce themselves.

What do they do?

Clean and vacuum everything every day

Make up the beds in the morning

Replenish the tea bags etc etc as you use them

Change the towels if you want

Turn down the beds in the evening and might leave a choccie on the pillow

Maybe surprise you with a towel animal or so.

They are usually responsible for between 15-18 cabins or maybe 30 if they are working in tandem. They will mainly be around in the morning or early evening.

i have never had a bad steward and many excellent ones :):):)

I've never need on a cruise before and I've heard people saying how good their cabin steward was and they seemed to know a lot about them- do you meet them and introduce yourselves or is it just by chance that they knew their cabin stewards name? Do they clean you room once a day? Do they just do the typical jobs that a hotel maid would do?

And if you pop in your cabin sit on the bed and then pop out again and pop back in they will have straightened the cover even if the whole procedure only took 30 seconds - they are like magicians lol. They also take your laundry and bring it back all nice and clean and pressed. They will remember your name instantly and always have a smile on their face. Turn down service just routine. They are wonderful [emoji3]

The cabin stewards are like magicians. They know when you have left your cabin because when you return, everything is done.

No, you don't need to request the turn down service, it is all part of their wonderful service.

lol we had the same thought process!

If you like a wee dram in your cabin before dinner (and who doesn't ?) - just ask them to fill the ice bucket on day one and they'll keep it replenished for the cruise.

In the morning the ice has melted and you have a source of cool water to ease the hangover from the previous night !!!

You can't lose !!! :D

I've yet to fathom out how they do it. When we first cruised on the Topaz we tried to catch them out and returned to our cabin about 4 times in one day and still couldn't work out how they managed to get in there without us seeing them in the corridor. They are such lovely and kind people too.:)

If you like a wee dram in your cabin before dinner (and who doesn't ?) - just ask them to fill the ice bucket on day one and they'll keep it replenished for the cruise.

In the morning the ice has melted and you have a source of cool water to ease the hangover from the previous night !!!

You can't lose !!! :D

Like that one Must try it