Terminal fee in Galveston?

thehams

I thought I have read there is a fee to get into the cruise terminals. Does any one know of this? We will be taking a taxi from our hotel to the cruise terminal.

Want to know, because if that is the case, we will make sure to have the taxi drop us off right outside the terminal.

While we're on the topic of Galveston fees. I've heard that there is a terminal fee on long term parking places. Anyone know if that's true? If they charge fees for off terminal parking, how far away do you need to be dropped of to not pay the taxi cruise terminal fee? Seems like a money maker for the cruise authority.

I thought I have read there is a fee to get into the cruise terminals. Does any one know of this? We will be taking a taxi from our hotel to the cruise terminal.

Want to know, because if that is the case, we will make sure to have the taxi drop us off right outside the terminal.

Never heard of fee, we were there in April 2015

While we're on the topic of Galveston fees. I've heard that there is a terminal fee on long term parking places. Anyone know if that's true? If they charge fees for off terminal parking, how far away do you need to be dropped of to not pay the taxi cruise terminal fee? Seems like a money maker for the cruise authority.

Hmmmm, maybe that's what I read

The fee is imposed on the type of vehicle dropping off - the hotel shuttle gets charged and therefore passes it on to you, etc.

Enterprise charges $30 to drop at the port, but free to drop at a hotel. Our hotel charges $50 per room to drop off.

Oh, the rumors!

Taxi's and shuttles are charged a fee by the Port for access which is built into the rate.

A percentage of parking fees (per space) is charged to lot owners as a fee for them to use their shuttles to access the Port. This too is built into the parking rate.

There is no "gate" to collect a fee from passengers.