Pacific Sky - how does it compare?

paul and Yas

We are considering a cruise on Pacific Sky. Can anyone help with a few questions?

1. What meals are included? (i.e. is it all inclusive or just 3 meals a day)

2. How does it compare standard wise with P&O Oceana/Aurora?

3. Who is the best UK travel agent to book with?

Thanks.Any help would be appreciated.

Pau and Yas

I can only answer number one. Food is included and it is three meals a day, BUT those three meals add up to TEN courses.:eek: The food is yummy and if you are still hungry you can buy a pizza from the pizza shop. They are soooooooo good. You seem to go from one meal to the next and there is no way you will go hungry. Dinner is five courses. lunch three course and breakfast two courses.:) :) :) Then you get home and have to cook becasue no one brings you food like you have been used to for 10 days.:(

Hi, I did post last night but it seems to have disappeared.

Pacific Sky sails from australia so unless you plan on visiting here it may be expensive if you have to add on airfare.

I understand it will also be sailing from asia very shortly but the airfare will probably kill you. Flying to america may be your better bet.

I am of course assuming you are in the UK seeing as you ask about UK TA

cheers karon.(who can almost count down in hours now!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Food is divine, as Rockie stated, 3 meals a day, as well as afternoon tea every day even port days and they do sometimes have a gala night. We're doing the Asia tour next Mar/April which have our flights included in the special price (booked it last march with a whopper special!!!)

i havent been on the uk ships, but apparently they are very different.. aussie ships have people clubbing all night, an getting pretty drunk.. the shows arent great.. but its a fun holiday

Heard about P&O from QM2 UK passengers...thinking of booking the 14 day combo cruise East-West Asia Combination...have cruised Princess, Celebrity and now QM2...any opinions re ship, ports, etc? Thanks LuAnn

• 2 weeks later...

Both our cruises have been on the Sky and we have had a ball. We were 39, 44, 14 and 11. It's not called the "Party Ship" for nothing that's for sure. We would class these holidays as our best family holidays ever as a family. I don't have to wash, cook etc, it's the only holiday i can say that too, that's for sure.

We're doing the East/West Asia cruise next march/april and like everyone else on this board who's got a cruise coming up, we are soooooooooooo excited.

If you're after a "classy ship" it won't be the Sky or Sun or Star, but you will probably get the best "party atmosphere" compared to Oceana/Aurora and the like. But I'm sure that no matter which ship you sail on, you will have a ball.

Archived