CPAP Machine

Kenster

Cruising on Avalon Illumination in late October. Have to take my CPAP.

I ALWAYS travel with an extension cord but where are the electric outlets in the Panaroma cabins? Is there one near the bed or only on the desk/vanity?

Is it possible to get distilled water on board or in Vienna before embarkation?

Anyone have any issues traveling with a CPAP? On the boat or on the flight over?

Thanks.

No experience of Avalon - but ensure that you have a Doctor's letter explaining your need/use of a CPAP machine. Have the CPAP machine in hand carry luggage - check / inform the airline in advance that you will be taking a CPAP with you and also if you need to use it during the flight.

We have found that the US security chaps love to unpack and swab the CPAP machine when departing the US, however not so obsessive in Europe.

According to the Avalon FAQ web site they have a 220v power supply via the continental two pin sockets, hence you will need an adapter socket to plug into the wall socket and a transformer unless all your electrical devices are multi voltage (eg battery chargers, razors, CPAP, laptop charger, tablet charger etc)

Re your extension cord if it is a US made one ie two flat pins you may want to obtain a European extension cable which may provide better insulation)

Really no need to carry a physician's letter or to inform the airline in advance. Security is inconsistent, sometimes you. Need to take it out, other times not. An extension cord and an adapter are always in my cpap travel bag.

Really no need to carry a physician's letter or to inform the airline in advance. Security is inconsistent, sometimes you. Need to take it out, other times not. An extension cord and an adapter are always in my cpap travel bag.

I travel for a living-actually in the travel business- and take my CPAP all the time. Only once have I been asked to open the case.

I know I can use non- distilled water for the short term but would prefer to have the right stuff if I can get it.

I have European adapters and don't need a converter as my machine is the latest model and goes 'both ways.' Just hoping there's an outlet at the bedside.

The Illumination is an almost brand new ship. I would think they would take modern gadgets into the plans when building it.