Yet another Sign & Sail Question...

curlyjbs

As a family of 5 we booked 2 cabins (RCCL Explorer). On paper I am in one cabin with one daughter and DH is in the other cabin with our other DDs. I know that we can get DH a room key for "our" cabin but will it have signing privledges? We will also need a new card for dd who will be rooming with her sisters. Sorry if this is confusing:eek:

What I really need to know is will my dh and dd who are switiching rooms have one "new" card that can be used as ID, door key, charge card OR will they have multiple cards. :confused: Also, I sent $$ in to RCCL as onboard cabin credit for my dd's and dh. Since I had to specify the original cabins they are booked under.....ackkkkkkk! I am confusing myself!!! Deep breath. OK, Are expenses charged against the individual or the cabin.

I'm sorry this so jumbled. I type like I think! :eek: If you can figure this post out please try and help me understand this.

Thanks!

Not a problem. Ok cards. On boarding go directly to the Front Desk and get them to issue new cards for DH and DD. Are these kids across the hall from you or in connecting room. The on borad credit goes to whoever it is sent for. The cards are all individual accounts. If the kids are minors you can set limits, talk to Front Desk about this. You can request a what I call Parent card to the kids room so that you can get in their room without them. Good luck and have a nice family vacation.

Thanks Capt!

Yes the kids are across the hall. We had to book dh in one room since RCCL wont let the kids be booked alone. When I go to the desk and ask for new cards they will know the kids are not staying with an adult. Will they give me a hard time or refuse my request for cards? I know others have done it - I just need to know what to expect.

I know this is simple..........I just cant wrap my head around it yet, ya know? :rolleyes:

It depends at lot on the ages involved. Ie 18 & 19 with a child under 12 is different from 3 children under 10. If you explain they are across the hall then you chances are good. Do not accept any upgrades as they may separate you. Ensure all the kids know how to call you on the phone at night.

1) Tell them that DH is booked in that cabin with them (True, he is booked there) but that you need a "parents card" so you can check on them if he is off somewhere, or let them in their room, etc. 2) Tell them you also need a second room key for your cabin to give to "DH" so he can quietly "slip in" to your cabin, etc., to get something, or for "parent's time" (wink-wink);) 3) Finally, ask for an "extra" card to the kids cabin so that the daughter who is booked with you can get in there with her sisters without tracking you down.

This should result in both you and DH having a keycard to both cabins, and the kids each having a keycard to just one. This is a total of NINE cards -- 4 for the kids, 2 kids' cards for you two, and 2 to the master cabin, plus the card issued to dd who is booked in your room, but will not be staying there (shhh!). Just be sure to take dd keycard to your room away from her! LOL. Not only because it is the key to your room, but so that she doesn't charge or it, or lose it.

I think you can get through this without having to disclose too much about the sleeping arrangements.

The charge limits need to be on the cards given to the kids, which has nothing to do with who is sleeping where. In fact, just tell the pursuer to set a low per person limit on all the cards issued on the kids room, because DH will use his card to "your" cabin for his charging.

Good Luck

PS -- In the future, rather than sending in payments early for advance room credit, take it with you and make a payment on account on day after embarkation. (Embarkation day is just too crazy, wait a day so they have their accounts in order).

Archived