Miracle waterslide- anybody tried recently?

MaiTaiMary

We were on the Miracle November of 2014. My kids (OK... and myself) went on the waterslide and it was horrible. You had to sit up and literally push your way down with your arms. Took over a minute to get down the small slide with a lot of effort.

We just went on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago and they had the same slide. (Just the basic; no "waterworks".) We FLEW down the slide. It was what I would expect from a waterslide! :D

Anyway, I had read similar complaints about the Miracle waterslide. I'm not sure what the deal was. Maybe not enough water doing down? We are thinking of booking the same Miracle cruise again for next year and I was just wondering if any improvements have been made.

Has anybody been on this slide in the past 6 months or so?

Thanks!:D

Unfortunately the Miracle was not given the green thunder waterslide which actually looks pretty fast. Apparently not all "2.0" upgrades are equal. Miracle is the west coast step child I guess. No Guy's, blue iguana, or green thunder.

Unfortunately the Miracle was not given the green thunder waterslide which actually looks pretty fast. Apparently not all "2.0" upgrades are equal. Miracle is the west coast step child I guess. No Guy's, blue iguana, or green thunder.

Makes me so mad they didn't give the Miracle the full 2.0 upgrades! Every other Spirit class ships have a all the upgrades, EXCEPT the Miracle! The Spirit recently underwent drydock and got all the good stuff, including Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, and the Seaside theater. All these would've been a hit and huge success here on the miracle! A ship that sails to Mexico every week at least needs to have a blue iguana cantina [emoji35]. The miracle deserves the full 2.0 upgrade, hopefully one day she'll get them.

We need a better ship for kids on wedt coast. New slides and sea side theater. I honestly don't understand why people pay to go on the miracle when you can fly out to galveston and Cruise for the same price. The cruise price is lower so that makes up the difference for the airfare that's what we do now

We need a better ship for kids on wedt coast. New slides and sea side theater. I honestly don't understand why people pay to go on the miracle when you can fly out to galveston and Cruise for the same price. The cruise price is lower so that makes up the difference for the airfare that's what we do now

I absolutely love the Miracle. I would fly to wherever she is to sail on her again. But I don't go down the slide.

The price of the cruise may be the same but the airfare isn't cheap!

Now that the Breeze will be there, I'm sure we will make a trek to Galveston one of these days though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what the prices are from Redding to Houston, but it's around $350 per person from LA/Orange County. The lower cruise prices don't even come close to offsetting those expenses.

Not sure what the prices are from Redding to Houston, but it's around $350 per person from LA/Orange County. The lower cruise prices don't even come close to offsetting those expenses.

The same from San Diego. Especially for five of us. I'd MUCH rather a cruise from Galveston!

Plus you need to add on the price of a hotel for one night. Also food expenses the evening and morning in Texas. But then again.... there are parking costs in Long Beach.

Edited by MaiTaiMary

15d3prl.jpg

Completely agree with the above... Although my first two cruises were not from home port. My last one was aboard the Miracle, and my next cruise will be from San Pedro and trying a different line.

I should note that I haven't been on Miracle since 2011, but I flew down the slide, just the same as I do on the ships with a slide like Freedom's. It's certainly possible that it was operating fine back then, but not now. Perhaps not enough water running on it now, but the shape of the slide is certainly designed to allow you to go very fast.

Most people who would go slow on the Miracle's slide (when I was on it) would also go slow on all others. The key is to lie down & ride only on your heels & shoulder blades. Lift the rear-end off the slide, and don't wear a shirt. What slows anyone down on waterslides is the butt & the shirt. And if you feel yourself starting to slow down, do not sit up. That's everybody's natural reaction, but the sitting up will slow you down even more.

Edited by k2excursion

I did a few mock bookings just to see and the cruise price for a 5 day is lower than my 6 day Miracle by about $300. It's a shorter cruise too.

Airfare is $526 round trip per person and we have 4 of us so the extra $2100 to fly does not compensate for the shorter cruise and $300 difference.

In fact, the airfare of $2100 is more than I'm paying for my 6 day Miracle cruise for four of us so in that context, there is no "better deal" when leaving from Galveston.

...I did get excited checking though. I would love to see the Caribbean again...

Being that 1 of the 3 of us getting ready to cruise out of Long Beach, lives in Los Angeles....and flying isn't an option for her. The Miracle will have to do. I haven't sailed on the Miracle yet....but I'm sure there is plenty for kids to do on the ship besides play on the slide and watch a movie from the sea side theater. However, I'm a little (just a little) that the ship doesn't have the sea side theater...but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I just wish that there were more ports for us to stop at.

(BTW - We like cruising from Galveston also)

Edited by OceanDreams

• 3 months later...
Makes me so mad they didn't give the Miracle the full 2.0 upgrades! Every other Spirit class ships have a all the upgrades, EXCEPT the Miracle! The Spirit recently underwent drydock and got all the good stuff, including Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, and the Seaside theater. All these would've been a hit and huge success here on the miracle! A ship that sails to Mexico every week at least needs to have a blue iguana cantina [emoji35]. The miracle deserves the full 2.0 upgrade, hopefully one day she'll get them.

I have the same complaints about the lack of complete 2.0 upgrades on the Miracle. What can we do to get the message to the powers to be?

Don't have to worry. The plan is for the Miracle to reposition to China and we'll be getting another ship. Was supposed to be the Splendor but the new canal isn't finished yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anybody been on the Miracle slide in the last couple of months?

Would also like to hear from people who has been on the slide. It was one of my selling points when I convinced my wife to do a cruise on the Miracle.