No drunk and disorderly teens on the 4/3 Golden

DUBIDUB2

Always bad things said about teens - so I thought I'd paint another view.

We had 600 teens on our ship and I hardly saw the older teens. They occassionaly hogged the hot-tubs but they were on vacation too.

I've seen more 'scary' fights and confrontations from drunken adults. Rarely is that brought up. Me, when I get drunk I get all emotional (lovey). Some people get emotional (fighting mood). Teens typically just get loud.

I have been on flights where fights break out between Adults.

The cruise line can rarely be blamed for drunken teens. More often than not, an older teen (say 22) will buy a bucket of beer and share with friends. If from Europe, the parents will buy the drinks or give them a "copy" of their room card.

Any account can be checked to see if a "kids" card was used to buy alchohol so I don't think the bartenders would chance it. It's all computerized - that's how they get the tips.

Perhaps anyone on board found drunk should be sent to the hold to sober up?

Also, bare in mind the Europeans drink at 17 and during the Easter break, they typically get 3 weeks vacation. Where do they go? You got it, cruisein. In Europe 18 year olds are pretty much independent from their parents (I from the UK left school at 16 and worked full time). They truly believe (and are treated in Europe) as adults.

Perhaps the solution is an "American only" cruise - LOL.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, what I am saying is, when you cruise, fly (better controls here now), go to a resort or hotel, you take your chances as who is there with you. It's just the real world we live in.

What I take exception too, is that it is more often than not, it is not the Cruise lines fault but thats whom people blame first. Parents / Adult teens have to take the majority of the responsibilty. The cruise lines, selling beers by the bucket does NOT help but passengers want everything "cheap".

To be sure of a "non drunk teen" cruise, don't go during "schools" out for the USA or Europe. You can normally tell because it costs twice as much for that pleasure icon_smile.gif

But as the subject said, in the cruises I've taken over Easter and summer (schools out), I have not run into any serious problems or anything that came even close to ruining my vacation from teens.

My 2 cents.

<applet codebase="http://*************/java-sys" height="25" width="203" code="countdown.class">

<PARAM NAME="font" VALUE="lcdb0"><PARAM NAME="month" VALUE="4"><PARAM NAME="hour" VALUE="17"><PARAM NAME="year" VALUE="2004"><PARAM NAME="day" VALUE="03">

</applet>

Princess - Golden (April 3rd 2004)

RCCL - Navigator (June 2003)

RCCL - Explorer (April 2002)

RCCL - Voyager (June 2001)

Carnival - Paradise (Dec/Jan 1999/2000 Millenium Cruise)

Big Red Boat icon_smile.gif (1997)

7bdolph.gif

No drunk teens on our last cruise that I saw. Then again, we aren't late late night people. I saw lots of looped adults. Nothing obnoxious.

There are two threads with the words drunken teens. What brought this up?

Older teens are too old for the teen group activities and too young for the discos which on Princess cut off at 21. Maybe that's why they go to the hot tubs at night -- good for them. It's pleasant on deck late at night.

Teens drink. European, American, South American. Shouldn't be a big surprise for anyone. The only relief is that no one, no matter what the age, has to get behind the wheel of a car while at sea.

J

Im 19 and went on the 3/20 golden princess for spring break. Most of the teens couldnt get their hands on any alcohol, we werent able to untill we sneaked some back on from St Maarten. They checked ID all the time regardless of whether or not your card had a hole in it or not.

Well I take that back, one drunk 40 year old lady bought like 6 buckets of beer in the middle of a day at sea and was giving them to alot of teens. Then she started hitting on my friend (18), who ended up drinking 17 beers.

..good times.

Yikes! Can you say Mrs Robinson?? (at 19, you're probably too young for that reference icon_wink.gif)

And I agree with the posts here. Especially regarding the 18-21 year old age group. Most are college kids who are drinking every weekend anyway. As I said in the other thread, I saw no problem with drunk and disorderly teens on the Dawn 4/3 cruise. I have an 18 year old son who I know was tipping a few from alcohol he bought on the islands. If parents are aware, they can monitor it. Pretending your kids aren't doing it is silly.

Archived