Getaway VIBE Beach Club

tutumomma

Agreed. How "quiet" it is depends on the crowd. It was a huge party when I was there, and that's the reason I'll do it again. There was nothing quiet about it.

Also, if one is not a sun worshipper, it might not be for you. There is basically no shade.

Aren't there cabanas and umbrellas in the Vibe area? I am going on the Getaway this weekend and am thinking about getting passes for me and my bf. If there isn't much shade then it may not be worth it, we are not ones to lay in the sun.

Aren't there cabanas and umbrellas in the Vibe area? I am going on the Getaway this weekend and am thinking about getting passes for me and my bf. If there isn't much shade then it may not be worth it, we are not ones to lay in the sun.

There are cabanas, but you have to book and pay for one when you buy the Vibe pass when you board so it is yours for the week. There are only 5 and they go quickly.

There are also umbrellas but they are put down if it is too windy, which it often is on sea days.

Depending of the ship direction and time of day, you can get shade from the walls as well.

Robert

The cabanas are regularly reported as being miserably hot with no breeze. Most reviews I've seen have people say they wouldn't get one again, and they didn't even add them on Escape's Vibe.

There is truly very, very little shade. The umbrellas will be down quite often due to wind. Early in the morning and in the evening you might get shade if you are against the wall, depending on ship's direction, or course.

If you sit at the bar, you can have some shade, again, depending on ship's direction. That's all you're going to get.

The cabanas are regularly reported as being miserably hot with no breeze. Most reviews I've seen have people say they wouldn't get one again, and they didn't even add them on Escape's Vibe.

There is truly very, very little shade. The umbrellas will be down quite often due to wind. Early in the morning and in the evening you might get shade if you are against the wall, depending on ship's direction, or course.

If you sit at the bar, you can have some shade, again, depending on ship's direction. That's all you're going to get.

Thank you for your response. That helps a lot. I know I wouldn't enjoy that then, even though it's a kid free area. That is money that can spent elsewhere, maybe an upsell.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

I called Norwegian and they told me you couldn't use the drink package while in vibe. I could tell she was new because she kept putting me on hold to get the information. She also said the OBC they give you when purchasing a pass can only be used in the vibe.

I would love to hear people's reviews on the Vibe.

Thanks.

I called Norwegian and they told me you couldn't use the drink package while in vibe. I could tell she was new because she kept putting me on hold to get the information. She also said the OBC they give you when purchasing a pass can only be used in the vibe.

I may be wrong, but I think you only get OBC if you get a cabana in Vibe. You don't get OBC with a standard entry pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

She gave incorrect information. You can definitely use the drink package. I also doubt the OBC is limited to VIBE as the only place you would be able to spend it is at the bar.

We just got off the Escape a couple of weeks ago and VIBE was worth every penny.

It's not just about the loungers. You get to meet the other guests and hang out with them throughout the week. Also get to know the staff too.

If you do the vibE pass, are you guaranteed a lounger? I would hate to pay it and then still be annoyed that there isn't anywhere to sit :(
They don't sell more passes than there are loungers so I would say you are guaranteed.

When I was in VIBE on the Escape a couple of weeks ago there were lots of empty loungers throughout the day.

She also said the OBC was for food in the Vibe. I think we may only get passes for the sea days as we have 4 stops.

I just want to relax and not worry about walking around looking for chairs in the morning.

Hopefully there are passes available when we get on the boat.

She also said the OBC was for food in the Vibe. I think we may only get passes for the sea days as we have 4 stops.

I just want to relax and not worry about walking around looking for chairs in the morning.

I think somebody has been feeding you all sorts of misinformation, haha. You can only get Vibe passes for the entire week- daily passes are not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no food to order in VIBE. Unfortunately she was extremely misinformed. I also don't think they do day passes anymore.

I recommend getting the passes but it depends on how much you think you will use them. We ended up spending most of our time there. We hope to get them next time but I am sure we will have a great time either way.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.

We just came back 9/25 and purchased Vibe passes with a cabana. We paid $329 (apparently the price has been raised from $299) We received $100 credit to our account. We had a UBP and 3UDP and booked our excursions off ship so we had nowhere to use our credit. We were told we could use it anywhere on the ship to answer your question. So we figured we'd play Bingo or something. Well no need because by the last day we could see on our account that the $100 credit was simply applied to our entire account. Since the only thing we charged was the $329, our balance when we got off the ship was $229. The way we looked at it was we simply paid about $70 more for the cabana. And I feel we got every penny out of it. We loved having our "own" private lounging area any time (well anytime before 11 p.m.) we wanted it. We never had to be concerned with were we were going to lounge, have a drink, read a book, take a nap, etc.

Have fun no matter what you decide! It's a beautiful ship!

• 1 month later...
How may steps are there to get to Vibe? Hubby is handicapped.

There is a flight of outdoor stairs to go up to the deck where Vibe is located. I did not see any handicapped access. The Haven is on the other side of the Vibe, there may be some elevator access to deck 17 in the Haven.