Traditional Dining on Long Port Days?

CruiserGVMN

Okay, would you feel better if I reworded that? :rolleyes: Traditional diners do not get to switch their times or go to Anytime dining according to the rules on Princess.

We do new cruisers no service by telling them they can break the rules just because some do.

"Break the rules"?

I can't find anything related to anytime dining and traditional dining in policy or rules of the contract. And because Princess allows for the flip flopping diners it's hard to argue. Obviously it would be more efficient and provide better customer service if Princess did have some kind of something.

Edited by eandj

Hell, we couldn't make our Trad dining time, so we simply ate at Anytime. Nobody told us we couldn't and we weren't otherwise chastised, arrested or put off the ship. Did we miss this rule in our documentation? If so, mea culpa, we had no idea.

I tend to believe that for crowd/portion control, it's just a good idea to stay in your assigned dining configuration if you possibly can, but can't believe they could or should preclude one from having their nice meal if one is unable -- due to mitigating circumstances -- to make their assigned seating time. Accordingly I'm sure these are just guidelines and are not hard and fast rules. However, if I'm wrong (and I really don't mind learning if I am), could somebody PLEASE copy and paste the actual verbiage that addresses this specifically and tell us precisely where that verbiage came from and how it is accessible to us all? With all these differentiating opinions, honestly, somebody should put up or shut up.

"Break the rules"?

I can't find anything related to anytime dining and traditional dining in policy or rules of the contract. And because Princess allows for the flip flopping diners it's hard to argue. Obviously it would be more efficient and provide better customer service if Princess did have some kind of something.

I guess I need to reword everything for you. :rolleyes: How about "not honoring the terms of the policy"? Or how's this: "sticking to the dining plan you agreed to in the first place"? More? "Doing the opposite of that which you said, initially, you were going to do"? For heaven's sake, you know what I meant. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I refer you to Chunder Worthy's post here where he tells how he does as he pleases because he claims he doesn't know any better. I guess he doesn't understand the theory of common sense, and telling people this is hunky dory (as you do) just contributes to the problem, don't you think?

Edited by shredie

"Break the rules"?

From the Princess web site:

Once onboard and subject to availability, you may attempt to switch preferences with 24 hours notice to the Maitre D’. We will do our best to accommodate your preference.

From the Princess web site:

Once onboard and subject to availability, you may attempt to switch preferences with 24 hours notice to the Maitre D’. We will do our best to accommodate your preference.

I guess the common sense idea that making the request outside the 24 hour period will result in being denied a switch is beyond some people's comprehension. :rolleyes:

Princess welcomes everyone in to anytime dining, even tho we might not think it makes sense to hold a table in traditional day after day. We agree. But I am not going to mislead someone who asks a simple question. I will tell it like it is.

Actually if you read all of his post, Chunder Worthy stated it as Princess in fact allows and apparently wants it to be. If they want to run the program like Celebrity, where you are not allowed (period) into anytime dining if booked in traditional, then that's what they'll do. Both options have pros and cons. They have chosen to not say no to anyone.

In the meantime, factual info is what I'll provide when asked.

Edited by eandj

Princess welcomes everyone in to anytime dining, even tho we might not think it makes sense to hold a table in traditional day after day. We agree. But I am not going to mislead someone who asks a simple question. I will tell it like it is.

Actually if you read all of his post, Chunder Worthy stated it as Princess in fact WANTS it to be. If they want to run the program like Celebrity, where you are not allowed (period) into anytime dining if booked in traditional, then that's what they'll do. Both options have pros and cons. They have chosen to not say no to anyone.

In the meantime, factual info is what I'll provide.

Well, in fact, people HAVE been turned away from Anytime on some ships, but you are determined to believe whatever fantasy you choose to believe, so I give up.

Edited by shredie