Steakhouse & Chefs table vs MDR

Tarahead

I'm doing steakhouse for the first time this October. I found a link with the mdr menus and chose the day that the mdr looked. Least appealing. It is $35 pp for steakhouse. We have done the $20 upgrade in the mdr for a steakhouse selection before so we are interested to see how the steakhouse experience compares to that. We have never done chefs table & probably won't because the end I've seen doesn't look appetizing to me (this is not the case for most people from what I've seen on here).

If you pay the extra $20 in the main dining room is it still all you can eat? Is there a menu for the upgrade?

If you pay the extra $20 in the main dining room is it still all you can eat? Is there a menu for the upgrade?

The meat selection is not all you can eat- you just get the one. But because you are in the mdr you can still order all the appetizers, sides, & dessert that you want from the mdr menu.

We went bonkers on Magic on our last cruise. Steakhouse 5 nights. Note, the first night you could purchase any wine for a 50% discount A bit of negotiating, and we bought multiple bottles of wine and had them hold them for the other evenings. Yup, celebrating, and it was worth it! Sufficient selections that we had to "decide" every evening!

Truly, a good dining experience!

OP we tried the Steakhouse on the Dream and I didnt particularly care for it and neither did my husband. But it wasnt the food, it was pretty good and it was a nice change of pace, however we are not what you call dressy people...it kinda made us feel uncomfortable. But thats just us, not a reflection of the service or the food in any way. I certainly wouldnt tell you to not try the steakhouse. Its definitely a different experience than the MDR.

Thanks for all the input.... Since I havent cruised in 18 years, the additions of the steakhouse, etc are all new to me. The MDR always had the tablecloths and never an option of the additional $20 for the steakhouse menu. It should be quite interesting!!

Thanks for all the input.... Since I havent cruised in 18 years, the additions of the steakhouse, etc are all new to me. The MDR always had the tablecloths and never an option of the additional $20 for the steakhouse menu. It should be quite interesting!!

What night did you come up with ? That is how I choose when to go also!

see ya onboard!

harry & Karen

We made a reservation at the steakhouse for the first night. We reserved a table for 4 because friends were onboard. What we found out was that there is a free bottle of wine PER TABLE, not PER CABIN. We all like wine and were upset to find this out so we asked if we could just sit at two tables for two beside each other. Next thing we knew the second bottle of wine was on our table! Always a way, I guess. Sounds petty I know but has anyone else experience with this. All Carnival seems to say is 'free bottle of wine' the first night.