seafaris/eli

tapia

It seems from reading the excurion posts that these are the best ones to do for me.

I'm debating right now between the seafari tour and eli's "The Xtreme Circumnav " tour.

Has anyone done both that can give me a comparison??

Also, does anyone know what kind of time-period we're looking at? I'd more-so be interested in a 1/2 day tour so I can do some shopping around before going back to the ship.

I'm very interested in seeing BirdIsland as well as lots of other places. I'm not TOO kean on snorkeling for more than a 1/2 hour stop.

I'd be interested in other ideas as well. THANKS!

I'm debating right now between the seafari tour and eli's "The Xtreme [/color]Circumnav " tour.Has anyone done both that can give me a comparison??

Also, does anyone know what kind of time-period we're looking at? I'd more-so be interested in a 1/2 day tour so I can do some shopping around before going back to the ship as well as lots of other places. I'm not TOO kean on snorkeling for more than a 1/2 hour stop.

We've only done Eli's Eco Tour (3 times), and we're scheduled to do the Xtreme Circumnav in January. It's designed to take the same length of time as his original Eco Tour, which is basically a full day excursion. When we've done, there's been a little bit of time to shop at the stores by the pier, but not a lot of shopping time, and not time enough to go to shop anywhere else. On the Eco-Tour, the main snorkeling stop is quite a bit longer than 1/2 an hour, and the stops at Hell's Gate and Bird Island are also quite a bit longer. I don't know how long the snorkeling stop on the new tour will be, but most likely more than 1/2 an hour. And that would be in addition to the sting ray stop. This is definitely not a 1/2 day experience. It's well worth it though. On previous stops in Antigua, we've found the shopping to be on par with the other islands, and the opportunity to see the sites you get to when you take one of Eli's tours outweighs the missed shopping.

On the Eco-Tour, the main snorkeling stop is quite a bit longer than 1/2 an hour, and the stops at Hell's Gate and Bird Island are also quite a bit longer. I don't know how long the snorkeling stop on the new tour will be, but most likely more than 1/2 an hour. And that would be in addition to the sting ray stop. This is definitely not a 1/2 day experience. It's well worth it though. On previous stops in Antigua, we've found the shopping to be on par with the other islands, and the opportunity to see the sites you get to when you take one of Eli's tours outweighs the missed shopping.

Can you tell me if all you do at Hell's Gate and Bird Island is snorkeling? I think that's an option, but aren't there other things to do as well?

Snorkeling is an option at both locations, but the main attraction at Hells Gate is actually doing a little caving, and a little climbing. You swim a short distance over to Hells Gate, where you go through a tunnel and climb up to the top. There's a really cool tidal pool, and some blow holes. It's not so strenuous that most people can't accomplish it. I can't climb the rock wall on the ship, but this I can do. On Bird Island, there's a short hike to the highest part of the island.

Hi I cannot compare them, but what i can tell you is that I have done Sea-fari and it seems to fit what you want.

It is a 1/2 day tour back at the ship for 1:30, it visits bird island and the north sound as well as green Island and Nelson's Dockyard and it has two snorkle stops to choose from one at green island for beginners and one at Cades Reef National Park I was told this was the longest barrier reef in the soutern caribean. Both snorkel stops are approximatley 1/2 an hour.

Anyways great tour and as you said I am sure you will enjoy which every you choose.

lauracruzer

Archived