Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

Why anyone even bothers to ask or quote heald on anything is mind boggling to me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why you feel the need to post something like this is mind boggling to me?? What's it to you if people ask him things or take his word for things??

I get it - you don't like him for one reason or another but why bad-mouth him and try and make others not like him as well? :confused:

Why you feel the need to post something like this is mind boggling to me?? What's it to you if people ask him things or take his word for things??

I get it - you don't like him for one reason or another but why bad-mouth him and try and make others not like him as well? :confused:

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, posting on this thread because my family was on this cruise as well as some of you guys and gals. I am ready to rebook this cruise with the 50% off and am also needing airfare for 6 people again. I've emailed the address that was provided in our letter along with all my receipts but haven't heard a thing back from anyone.

Hi guys, posting on this thread because my family was on this cruise as well as some of you guys and gals. I am ready to rebook this cruise with the 50% off and am also needing airfare for 6 people again. I've emailed the address that was provided in our letter along with all my receipts but haven't heard a thing back from anyone.

I would call Carnival directly.

Edited by bahamiancruiseguy

I have received a partial refund so far. My deposit for the cruise was credited back to my credit card and I received a check today for all my airfare. But I paid for about 1/2 my cruise with gift cards and they have yet to refund that portion. Hopefully it comes soon. I have booked another cruise and trying to get my 50% off credited. No luck so far.

Edited by bktich

Thanks, I want to book our redo cruise because we really wanted to experience these ports/islands. With $3,600 worth of airfare to pay again, I wanted to know if it was getting reimbursed yet or if I should wait a little longer. We are eyeing January time frame and have already booked a different cruise for May and will use our 50% off on it due to it being a tad more expensive.

I have received a partial refund so far. My deposit for the cruise was credited back to my credit card and I received a check today for all my airfare. But I paid for about 1/2 my cruise with gift cards and they have yet to refund that portion. Hopefully it comes soon. I have booked another cruise and trying to get my 50% off credited. No luck so far.

Good news...we received our 50% off on future cruise we booked. But still have trouble with original cruise fare refund.

We have only received a partial refund on the cruise so far. We paid for part of the cruise with credit card and part with gift cards. We have received the CC refund and a check in the mail for airfare costs, but not the gift card portion. On 9/15/15 we were told that new gift cards would be issued for the portion that was originally paid for with gift cards. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the gift cards and who I can contact about it? I emailed icare@carnival.com and they responded this: in response to your gift cards, you’ll have to email: http://www.giftcardresearch. This of course is not a correct email. I don't want to complain if it has indeed been processed, but I don't know who to talk to about that. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any info. would be huge help. Thanks!

I was on this cruise too and have not submitted my airline receipts yet. Do you know if you can submit for other things like the hotel stay the night before? I know the letter said airfare, taxis, etc. Just wondering what I should include.

We received a $1000 gift card in the mail yesterday. We also had posted to our credit card account over $500 for the remainder of our cruise payment and $32 for post cruise transfers. We have also not yet submitted money for our air etc., but our situation is a little complicated because we were scheduled for a b2b and ended up doing our second cruise on the Magic. We also are wondering about hotels and gas money etc. We were told just to submit all our receipts that we think might be applicable and they would figure it out.

I was on this cruise too and have not submitted my airline receipts yet. Do you know if you can submit for other things like the hotel stay the night before? I know the letter said airfare, taxis, etc. Just wondering what I should include.

We submitted the night before hotel but they wouldn't pay that.

We received a $1000 gift card in the mail yesterday. We also had posted to our credit card account over $500 for the remainder of our cruise payment and $32 for post cruise transfers. We have also not yet submitted money for our air etc., but our situation is a little complicated because we were scheduled for a b2b and ended up doing our second cruise on the Magic. We also are wondering about hotels and gas money etc. We were told just to submit all our receipts that we think might be applicable and they would figure it out.

Thank you for response. Hopefully our gift card shows up soon. I'm just wondering if there is someone I can call about that.

I submitted my hotel info only as a way of them researching our taxi trips since I don't have receipts, but they have flat rates posted online. So far I've only heard of people getting back flights, taxis and airline luggage fees. I got an auto response on September 21st, but no other emails back since.

We were going to embark in Barbados on the 9th September. No problem, whats meant to be is meant to be. We tried to fly home to the UK but the airfare was horrendous. We stayed in the Hilton for a week, not what we wanted but it was fine. We have been in an emergency aboard a cruise ship before, a fire at sea on the Breakaway, it was really scarey. I stuffed my jewels down one bra cup, after I changed to warm clothing, and my passport and credit card down the other. No excuses for being selfish. I was so scared I just wanted my identity with me. I was really glad the fire on the Liberty happened before I embarked and not after, sorry you guys on her, no offense, had 2 little grandkiddies with me, that sounds selfish,but I really felt for you guys who had to evacuate. :eek:

I am getting a little peeved with Carnival, they have all that money but have still not refunded us. A few thousand pounds is a drop in the ocean for them, but for us 4 families it is a lot of money. We booked 4 balcony cabins .They said last Friday at the latest, still no money back. OK these things take time, but tell them that when you are paying for a cruise.

Sorry just so angry with them wanted it off my chest:o

I have called Carnival concerning this and have not gotten an answer yet. The representative told me that she would call me back within 48 hours and let me know.

So...for those of you who have re-booked using the 50% off...was everyone in the cabin able to use the 50% off or was it one person per cabin (per booking)?

I am wanting to do a suite next time and the 50% off would work great for me and my daughter who was my cabin mate on the original cruise.

TIA

Does anyone know the screen name for Paul Owen. I know his comments to John Heald were deleted off this page, but now someone is claiming that I am Paul Owen.

Hi Pauleydm. Hope u got the name issue resolved !

I have just finished reading all 64 pages of this post, skipping over most of it, just watching for your posts!

You did a remarkable job posting facts of what u did or didn't know ! Hats off to you !!

As long as I live it will never cease to amaze me how many ppl feel the need to post their opinions, unsubstantiated "facts", getting completely off the subject matter, debate each other and on and on !! [emoji37][emoji37].

All the people involved are safe and I believe Carnival did a fantastic job under the circumstances !!

Thanks again for the wonderful job reporting about the evacuation !!

Happy future sailing ! [emoji8][emoji844][emoji817][emoji631][emoji106]🏻[emoji122][emoji228][emoji227][emoji295]️[emoji481][emoji572]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH and I were both able to use the 50 percent off discount. We were booking a b2b and we simply chose the more expensive week to use the discount on. We also did our booking onboard and were able to get the $100 onboard credit for both cruises. Sometimes life is sweet.

DH and I were both able to use the 50 percent off discount. We were booking a b2b and we simply chose the more expensive week to use the discount on. We also did our booking onboard and were able to get the $100 onboard credit for both cruises. Sometimes life is sweet.

We asked about booking while on board but no one got back to us.

That's great! There is hope for me!