Best 3rd & 4th Person Rate

tarheelmjfan

My extended family would like to go on a cruise together next year. We all have kids in school, so it would have be the week of Apr. 10th or in the summer. Some of the families are on a tight budget. One of my sisters (on the tightest budget) has 3 kids, but 1 would stay in the cabin with us, since we only have 1 child. What I'm wondering is... Is there a general consensus on which lines have the cheapest 3rd & 4th person rate, without me having to check every date on every line? :o The rate for the 1st 2 persons is easy to determine. It becomes much more time consuming after that. If we end up going in the summer, the price would be more of a factor than the date. Is there any dates in the summer that tend to have a lower 3rd & 4th person rate? BTW, all the kids & teachers start back to school early August. Any previous experience & suggestions would be much appreciated. :) I'm really hoping we can make this happen. wizard.gif

The rate for NCL just comes up when you put 3 people in a cabin in the booking. I didn't book directly with NCL, I used an online agency, but the price for the 3rd person was the same on NCL site. Not sure if the price goes up an down depending on the cruise date.

I have a CC Group Cruise for Familys and Kids! Our 3rd and 4th and 5th yes 5th price is $585pp. We can put 5 to a cabin on the Triumph! Teh first and second are $715 with a $100 cabin Credit! Yep $100 free money got to like that!

Click on my banner for more details! We go on the 15th of April

Chuck

during the time kids are out of school.

I know this for a fact about Princess cruises. The only way to get really great deals on 3rd and 4th passenger rates (when kids are going) is to book sailings during the time when school is in session.

You won't be able to find any good cruise deals during Easter/spring breaks, unless the cruise is not sold out. But you can't wait that close to a sailing date to book the cruise when you are travelling with a big extended family.

I would keep checking crusievalue.com and see what kind of prices they come up with for the sailings you are interested in.

We are taking ours on the Dawn 10/30 and the 3rd & 4th persons were only charged the taxes of $123. For an 11 night cruise, I can't feed and entertain them at home for that price! ;) Good luck, sounds like a great time!

jw

But the reason you got such a good deal is because you are travelling on 10/30 and not during the spring/Easter break.

Thanks for all the info. :) I'll check into NCL. Getting the 3rd & 4th person for just the price of taxes & fees would be great! :D It looks like we may have to consider the summer instead. So far, all the prices I've found for SB don't fit their budget. :( At this point, I'm even thinking of checking into 3 & 4 day cruises. Thanks again

Chuck,

I looked for group cruises, but we will be off the week prior to your cruise. :(

Have you considered looking at one of the new 4 or 5 nights on RCI's Grandeur of the Seas out of Tampa? They are running some really good prices on it since they switched it to Tampa and cancelled all the cruises already booked on it.

Currently, for the 4-night to Cozumel leaving on 4/13 you can get an owner's suite for 4 people for $3,236 plus taxes and fees. You can get an interior for as little as $1,216 for 4 people. Balconies are running at $1,736 for four people.

MSC has kids pay taxes only (aroond $50) on many cruise dates. My family of 4 is going for 11 days December 27to January 7th. The price cannot be beat and I am hearing some good things about this Cruise company. Do not forget to factor in air fare for the kids...the rates do not apply to air.

I do notknow where you are from...but be sure to shop for air fare. South West has reasonable prices even during peak season and school breaks..

Only draw back is that the rooms may be a little small. The age is restricted to kids 11 and under who stay in the same cabin.

We found prettty good 3rd and 4th rates on the May 14th 2006 Victory out of Miami. I can't remember exactly what they were, but it was for a interior w/ 3 people, it was about 1600.00, and that's for a 7 day eastern cruise. Good luck.

But the reason you got such a good deal is because you are travelling on 10/30 and not during the spring/Easter break.

No Doubt, I'm sure the time of year has everything to do with it. OUr kids are still young enough that we can get by with going this time of year. Didn't mean to give anyone false hope! Good luck, keep us posted on what you find!

Archived