Galveston Pre-Cruise

Cutaway

Hello,

We depart Galveston on a Saturday. Looking for the easiest way to deal with getting to/on the ship. We are driving down from Dallas. Should we get a hotel the night before or arrive a couple of hours before embarkation and park in the regular lots?

Which hotel has the best setup for Park and Cruise the night before?

I am looking for the easiest most relaxing method of dealing with this piece. The less hassle the better.

I can tell you the parking lots/shuttles are not a hassle at all. That's about 60-80 for the week. So, add this to a budget Houston/Texas City Hotel. On the island, I hear many people speak well of Inn on the Water park or for $$$, the Tremont or Galvez.

I was thinking Hilton Galveston for about 125/night. Parking and shuttle. Thoughts?

I just checked the rates for your date and it is running $272 for the senior rate. I don't know if you qualify for that. If you can get a $125 rate you normally have to book way in advance. We stayed there in 2013 but we booked as soon as the booking opened for our date.

Galveston's price go up a lot the closer you get to your cruising date. I booked the Days Inn for our 4/17 cruise and it was $83.00. Now it is $217 for the senior rate. I am so glad I booked when I did. I just checked your date though and it is still $83.00. You may be able to find something within your budget.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise whatever you decide to do.

Thanks so much. I travel for a living and points to a long way towards discounting rooms. I have more then I can use so it's worth it to burn them. I'm assuming all of these hotels have the same parking and shuttle setup.

Thanks so much. I travel for a living and points to a long way towards discounting rooms. I have more then I can use so it's worth it to burn them. I'm assuming all of these hotels have the same parking and shuttle setup.

Lucky you! That is great!

I am not sure about the parking and shuttle. We always park across the street so that we have more control of our time. We like getting on the road as quickly as possible.

Here is a link that might help you. http://www.galveston dot com/parkandcruise/

I was thinking Hilton Galveston for about 125/night. Parking and shuttle. Thoughts?

That hotel was that rate a few years ago, now its about 300 before cruise and you may need to book 2 nights ( it is a nice hotel) I tried booking last cruise and next cruise even a year before and could not find a decent rate. We now just get a nice Hotel around Hobby for approx. 100 the night before.