Obstructed view cabins Oriana

netchells

Hi

Just been on P and Os website, typing in "obstructed view cabins oriana" and the list and photos of the 4 cabins that are classed as obstructed view are there for you to have a look at.

They are an NE grade....the next grade up which is on the same deck is LF but is unobscured.

Is the reduction of view worth the reduction in fare?? Only you can decide :)

Edited by jasperado
addition to text

Hi

Just been on P and Os website, typing in "obstructed view cabins oriana" and the list and photos of the 4 cabins that are classed as obstructed view are there for you to have a look at.

They are an NE grade....the next grade up which is on the same deck is LF but is unobscured.

Is the reduction of view worth the reduction in fare?? Only you can decide :)

Hi Jasperado, I have seen those pics and I don't think the obstruction is too bad...this is only a 5 day 4 night cruise in December so I'm happy with an outside cabin without a balcony. I've booked the cabin now and the saving was £100 in total so a bit more spending money for us :-) I think these cabins were squeezed in a few years ago on Deck 8 so I was just wondering what they were like :-)

The obstructed view cabins are much bigger than the standard outside cabins. We have not stayed in one yet but did have the opportunity of a brief look inside them. D207 is the biggest but they are all a good size. We have booked D207 for a cruise next year. Also close to the Terrace pool so will not miss the balcony.

Sue

The obstructed view cabins are much bigger than the standard outside cabins. We have not stayed in one yet but did have the opportunity of a brief look inside them. D207 is the biggest but they are all a good size. We have booked D207 for a cruise next year. Also close to the Terrace pool so will not miss the balcony.

Sue

I've booked a guarantee obstructed vew for October. For the first time I'm not hoping for an upgrade after reading this

Do they have a free standing shower, or over the bath? As I am very short I do not like clambeing in and out of the tub.

I've booked a guarantee obstructed vew for October. For the first time I'm not hoping for an upgrade after reading this

Do they have a free standing shower, or over the bath? As I am very short I do not like clambeing in and out of the tub.

Haha I feel exactly the same as you but I have ticked the free upgrade box and cant change it now. There are only 4 obstructed view cabins so I think we have a big chance of being upgraded - oh well we can only go to a clear view or better :-)

Haha I feel exactly the same as you but I have ticked the free upgrade box and cant change it now. There are only 4 obstructed view cabins so I think we have a big chance of being upgraded - oh well we can only go to a clear view or better :-)

etickets available this morning and been upgraded.

I hope its a good upgrade - Ive never been on Oriana so I don't know what the decks or cabins are like. Are you happy with the upgrade?

Nicola

Not sure. As others on this thread have said the obstructed view cabins are newer and biger. I have been allocated an Aft cabin on deck A. An unobstructed view but just about as high as you can get and nearly underneath the buffet. Handy for breakfast though.

I've been in an A deck aft cabin; they're very good. You have to close your curtains when it's dark though as people can see in through the net curtains, but the view over the back is fantastic and a few steps take you out to the sheltered sitting area at the tiered stern. I'd definitely take one again.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone yet stayed in one of the obstructed view cabins and what were they like. Booking made for cruise in September on Oriana of this year in one of these cabins and wonder if I should have asked for an upgrade.

Has anyone yet stayed in one of the obstructed view cabins and what were they like. Booking made for cruise in September on Oriana of this year in one of these cabins and wonder if I should have asked for an upgrade.

We will be in one of them in August but as we're doing a b2b last cruise we could have a really good look round. The cabins are far more spacious than the standard outsides. The view is obstructed but they have huge picture windows so plenty of light gets in.

Sue