Small kids in the Haven????

Toya1228

A year ago, I would have read this thread with mere interest, to see how people felt about your question. However, in the past year, we had a cruise that was really impacted by having loud and rambunctious kids next door. I wouldn't go as far as to say that our cruise was ruined because of these raucous kids, but ... it certainly was an unpleasant aspect.

We cruise quite a bit, and we understand that people being their kids, and that kids can get loud, and even a little rowdy, but when people don't keep control of their children and there's incessant and ongoing noise from the kids, I think that's a whole other issue ... especially in The Haven, where people have spent lots of $$$. Overall, it's just a matter of being considerate of people around you and not letting noisy kids get out of hand.

So ... since you wanted to get people's opinions of bringing a gift ... if someone next door to us handed us a gift bag with ear plugs and a few candies ... that wouldn't go down well at all.

If we heard some "normal" kid noise, and then heard the parents keeping control of the noise, that would go down very well.

Hope you have a good cruise, that the kids enjoy it, and that your cabin neighbors don't have their vacation impacted negatively.

I agree with this. Its one thing for kids to be a little noisy, but you need to keep control of your kids, especially if it is late at night or early in the morning when people are sleeping. If I was next door to parents who let their children scream early in the morning or late at night without keepiing control of them and then they handed me earplugs, I would not be amused.

We took a 6 and 11 year old. They acted better than some adults in the Haven. So, just go, have fun and don't worry about the grumpy people. Also, they LOVED Splash Academy. They could run, and scream and get totally exhausted. If there is such a thing on your ship, let them go!

From your proactive stance I can tell you are and will be aware of your kids' activity and noise level. That is a giant check mark. I have definately enjoyed more kids on cruises than not. It's their vacation too! Have a great cruise and make some wonderful memories.

No need to provide me earplugs. I always pack mine with my music. Just in case. We share the ship. Lots of folks in close quarters. Even in the Haven. Gotta give a little.

Don't overthink it. You don't need pass out goody bags. Chances are your kids will be asleep by the time your neighbors get back to the room. Your kids will rise early so this will be your tricky time. During the day you guys will be out and about. Enjoy! Your kids are going to love it!

I was worried about the haven suite area with my 3 boys 1.5 ago (they were 5, 5, and 4 years old). Everyone was really nice in the Haven area. I had no issues. There were plenty of other kids as well...and this was during February.

I think it's a great idea and I would get a good chuckle out of it. Maybe it would even soften the more rambunctious moments, :-)

Have fun... I'm sure the kids will!

Hello,

I will have a 2 year old and a 4 year old when I travel next year on the Breakaway. My husband decided to stay in a Haven suite for the space. My kids can make some noise sometimes. They feed off each others energy and once one gets going the other will be right along. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to maybe bring a little gift for the people staying on each side of us (pretty much like a sorry for any noise in advance). Maybe a little gift bag with some ear plugs (:D :D ) and some little candies. Or should I just not even worry about it and let it be. This will be our 1st vacation with the kids and already my now 3 year old is asking about going on the boat. Any feedback would be great. thanks

Go have fun. A few years ago I took all my kids and grandkids on a cruise there was 21 of us two of my grandsons age 1 and 4 at the time were quit a handful to put it nicely, and I was dreading the dining room well on the last night a gentlemen at the table next to us had to stop by and let us know that they were the best kids he had ever seen on a cruise. So you kids could be like my grandkids were and just totally amazed with all the new things that they were just in awe the whole time. I really wondered what happened to my real grandkids the whole cruise.

Personally I think having taken my little one to places where you need to behavequietly from being small has been good training. She's learned the difference between different situations where we run about and scream and be silly and others were it's time to be quiet and look around.

Having said that you never know with a two year old.

Will be in the haven on the BA on 8/11/15. Watch out ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you should worry about it.

Kids will make noise its happens. Kids will have good days and bad days. As a parent we just try and do our best. Vacations can be very disruptive to young children's schedules. Plan on keeping their normal nap and eating times.

When my kids get up early, I too get up early and head out to explore the ship. Its a amazing place to see at 6 am when 95% of the passengers are sleeping. It has allowed us to watch the chair hogs in their natural environment and dress (pjs and robes) :-). We wonder the ship and enjoy the art and quiet spaces.

My daughter and I started watching the sunrise together on her first cruise at 6. To this day she is 13 she says its her special time with mom. Won't let her brother or father come along. Its our time and she looks forward to it on every cruise. Most of the time she wants to hang out with her friends but sunrises those are for just us.

Don't fret about the fact that your kids are robots and make some amazing memories.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion. I appreciate all the advice and positive comments.

My wife and I are leaving this coming Sunday on the Breakaway with our 2.5 year old. We are staying in a Haven penthouse suite, and plan on having lots of fun. Yes, our daughter will be a 2 year old, and we will be good parents. But we are on vacation and children will always be excited. Just do what you would normally do, and enjoy your trip without putting too much worry into every little noise.

If people want a vacation without children, then a cruise probably isn't for them. Enjoy the trip and have a blast!