Royal Carib Alaska cruisetour hotels

emptynesters

Pat, thanks so much for your information. Enjoyed your pictures. If you were to do it again - would you do something else in Denali instead of the Tundra Wilderness Tour? 6hrs on a school bus does sound like a long time. Did anyone you know or hear of attend the "Cabin Nite Dinner Theater" in Denali? That sounds kind of fun. Looking forward to seeing the cruise portion of your trip.

Deb/Mark

We stayed at the Lodge at Talkeetna. We had previously stayed at the Denali Princess for 3 nights before and we found the Denal Princess much more nicer. The one thing that was better at the Talkeetna Lodge were the rooms. Other than that, they didnt have a pool, workout room, jacuzzi, room service, or anything else! And one thing I should note about the little Town of Talkeetna is the amount of BEES!! They were everywhere! Other than that its a nice town with some great shopping.

We took a RCI cruise tour in May of this year. I have posted my review which includes the hotels used this year for Fairbanks, Denali, Talkeetna and Anchorage along with the links to the hotel websites when available. I will be happy to answer question you might have regarding teh cruise tour and/or the cruise portion of our trip. But in a nutshell we had an great trip and would do it again tomorrow! If you click on my name you will be able to find my posted review.

We did the Dinner show one night. So so. Food was nothing to write home about, entertainment okay. For a one time adventure, it's okay. Would do something else next visit.

Highlight for my husband was the helicopter tour of Mendenhal Glacier in Juneau. I opted for a white water raft tour and loved it.

The Denali Princess Lodge is lovely. Rooms very well appointed, nice dining options and terrific staff. Have not gone with RCCL, only Coral Princes on the 12 day cruise/land tour. Our trip to Denali was the shorter version, but very interesting as we saw plenty of animals. Driver slowed down so we could take video/pix, snacks included, potty breaks allowed. I think 6 hours might be a bit much.

Alaska is wonderful. Enjoy your trip.

Ruthie

Thank you all for your suggestions1 Barbee524 - your information was great & just what I was looking for. So you are saying it would be reasonable to be able to break off of some of tours & go on your own or book something else? I'm thinking we might explore some other options in Denali, we are just a little more adventurous these days. (1st time this summer to whitewater raft in CO & go on a hot air balloon over Rocky Mtns-great!-can't imagine how wonderful WWR would be in AK! Bucknerbunch - we are on the 11 nite Tour #6 but I'm sure we will still cross paths either @ the hotels or for sure on the M&M on board.

We were in the Denali River Cabins which is next to another complex that I forget the name of. The satellite cable was broke and they wouldn't fix it, the place was newer but the restaurant was lacking. It had a reasonable self service laundry (did laundry there) its on the Neenena River and had nice views. We went to Cabin Night Dinner theater and its a DO NOT MISS!!!! You'll love it. I didn't mind the 7 hr bus tour cuz we saw grizzlies, wolf, ptarmigan, sheep, caribou. We also did the Jeep Back Country Jeep tour, not what I expected so skip it (you do drive your own Jeep over water covered rough roads).

Archived