Anyone stay at these hotels?

cruzgal11

we have stayed at the comfort inn on commercial Blvd a few times, and are staying there again in a few weeks. we have always had our car, so getting to/from port has never been an issue. we have never had an issue with it being a troubled hotel, as a matter of fact, it was clean and comfy, with a hot breakfast in the mornings. there's a few shopping centers nearby for forgotten incidentals and food. I don't need to spend $230/night to wake up seeing the ships. that's just not a very big appeal to me. $95/night is ok for me.

We are looking at The Victoria Park Hotel (recommended in an earlier post) but when I just looked on the map, it is north of the airport. Should we reconsider and try to find something closer? I'm worried about cost of taxi/shuttle to the hotel, and then to the POM where we are cruising out of.

Has anyone stayed here before? The family suite would be perfect for our large family. It's hard to find rooms with 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles (or 1 king). For less than $200 a night, this appears to be a nice hotel.

I wouldn't stay at the Victoria Park if I'm cruising out of POM. Stay closer to Miami.

we have stayed at the comfort inn on commercial Blvd a few times, and are staying there again in a few weeks. we have always had our car, so getting to/from port has never been an issue. we have never had an issue with it being a troubled hotel, as a matter of fact, it was clean and comfy, with a hot breakfast in the mornings. there's a few shopping centers nearby for forgotten incidentals and food. I don't need to spend $230/night to wake up seeing the ships. that's just not a very big appeal to me. $95/night is ok for me.

Just because you've never had problems doesn't mean it isn't in a bad area.