Ramada FLL airport Hotel

tutumomma

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada by the airport recently? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before and we are looking for a place to just sleep after we land and then hop on the shuttle to Miami. I'm not looking for a 5 star property but I don't want a bedbug / cockroach dive.

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada by the airport recently? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before and we are looking for a place to just sleep after we land and then hop on the shuttle to Miami. I'm not looking for a 5 star property but I don't want a bedbug / cockroach dive.

Thanks!

It's a bedbug, cockroach dive.

Hint: when all the other hotels in the area are starting at $200 and you find one for $150, that's a big, giant, red flag. Keep looking.

No hotel GM is giving up revenue just to be nice and they stalk each others rates.

Is this on N. Federal or State St. We made a reservation with the one on N.Federal and the reviews seemed ok....it's only for 1 night precruise and we don't get in until around 8pm. Years ago we stated at the one on State St. and it was terrible:(

The one on N. Federal Hwy is 10-13 miles north of the airport depending on which way you go. It was a Best Western not long ago and it's an old 1960s style drive up motel. The neighborhood is fine but I haven't been in the rooms.