Passport book vs passport card?

First timer36

Because its once and done-- all you need is a birth certificate and a state issued photo id. and do not miss the ship

well thats interesting news. pretty sure i know where my BC is because they are 20 bucks here if i dont.

i guess it would fit all folded up in my wallet vs the 55 for the passport card. :D

We are headed to the Caribbean on a closed loop from Galveston. Wondering what would be the best idea a passport book or the card? Me and my daughter are both have birth certificates but my DH just became a citizen. We were thinking it would just be easier to get a passport. Just not sure I which one. Please help!

Passport cards have limited use, mainly for closed loop cruises and land crossings. The main advantages are easier to carry, getting it wet will not hurt it and it cost less. The main disadvantage is you can't use it for air travel.

The Passport book is accepted universally. The main disadvantages being cost, and protecting it from water while snorkeling/swimming/scuba diving.

Personally, I got both. The additional cost of the card is not that much when getting the book. I haven't had to pull out my Passport in a long time (even when I was not on a closed loop cruise). The card fits nicely in the wallet, acts as a photo ID and is not damaged by water.

well thats interesting news. pretty sure i know where my BC is because they are 20 bucks here if i dont.

i guess it would fit all folded up in my wallet vs the 55 for the passport card. :D

just make sure its the state issues one and NOT the souvenir hospital one

just make sure its the state issues one and NOT the souvenir hospital one

well now this changes things. my girlfriends boss' dad had a heart attack on a ship and had to fly home..so now we are swinging toward the full 135 for the passport...id hate to be caught in customs sitting at the airport while the embassy gets me a passport