Unlimited Internet Question

GuinnessGal

Hi Everyone! Have a couple of questions for anyone who's tried the new Unlimited Internet option/perk being offered.

1. Is there a limit to the number of devices that you can use? (I travel with a lot of devices (mostly because I unfortunately can't cut off from work 100% while on vacation) - laptop, iPad, two iPhones (for two diff geographic regions) plus iPod, kindle...you get the idea) and was wondering if I'd be able to activate all so that I could pick up whichever I needed to use - or is it that I can only have 1 at a time active?

2. Once you're logged in to your unlimited account, can you use it ship wide? Just realized I'm usually so "frugal" with my internet minutes, that I've never tried to use it outside my cabin lol :)

3. Is it any faster/better? (i know that might be wishful thinking lol..but here goes) Can you stream video? (I use Zoom web based video conferencing for meetings). If it doesn't support video, will it support a Zoom web based audio call?

Thanks much!

Karen

One device at a time. If you try to sign in two at once, the first one will be bounced off.

Mostly ship wide, although some areas of each ship have stronger signals than other areas

Same internet as always, no better, no worse, no faster, no slower. Anything that takes up lots of bandwidth is generally blocked, so features like Skype usually don't work. I have no idea specifically about Zoom but I would not expect it to work.

Hi Everyone! Have a couple of questions for anyone who's tried the new Unlimited Internet option/perk being offered.

1. Is there a limit to the number of devices that you can use? (I travel with a lot of devices (mostly because I unfortunately can't cut off from work 100% while on vacation) - laptop, iPad, two iPhones (for two diff geographic regions) plus iPod, kindle...you get the idea) and was wondering if I'd be able to activate all so that I could pick up whichever I needed to use - or is it that I can only have 1 at a time active?

2. Once you're logged in to your unlimited account, can you use it ship wide? Just realized I'm usually so "frugal" with my internet minutes, that I've never tried to use it outside my cabin lol :)

3. Is it any faster/better? (i know that might be wishful thinking lol..but here goes) Can you stream video? (I use Zoom web based video conferencing for meetings). If it doesn't support video, will it support a Zoom web based audio call?

Thanks much!

Karen

We had the unlimited package on the Silhouette this past August

We traveled with a laptop, a mini ipad and 2 Amazon fire Tablets and Iphones!!.....Only 1 device can be on it at any 1 time! You didn't have to log off...as if I were on 1 device, and wife wanted to log on with her device, it allows one to log off the other device, so one could log on with the other. But yes, only 1 device at a time

Yep, used it all over the ship with no issues

Speed was ok, wife did manage to watch a few shows with it. Never used for making any sort of calls

I was informed that both persons in a cabin have to buy the GoBetter or GoBest offer. And that the free internet package are pp. At least they calculate the value of the perk on that.

In that case you could use your companions free internet as well as your own at the same time. If he/she doesn't use it of course...

I do wonder what will happen with the bandwith though, when more people will use their unlimited internet...

Edited by sollan