Dolphins in Singapore

Megan4350

Hi everyone.

We will be in Singapore in January for a cruise and have days to spare before and after. My 12 year old daughter would love to swim with the dolphins and I've done a bit of research on the two options at Under Water World and the Aquarium, both at Sentosa. I'll probably send her 19 year old brother in with her, with hubby and I observing (someone has to take the photos!).

Just wondering what is the better experience or value for money - pink Dolphins at UWW or bottlenoses at the aquarium?

I have checked websites for both and couldn't find much detail on the bottlenoses at the aquarium as to how long they are and more importantly, the actual time in the water to compare with the 45 minute contact time at UWW.

Thanks for any advice or comparisons you may be able to share and any tips on ticket discounts.

Hi everyone.

We will be in Singapore in January for a cruise and have days to spare before and after. My 12 year old daughter would love to swim with the dolphins and I've done a bit of research on the two options at Under Water World and the Aquarium, both at Sentosa. I'll probably send her 19 year old brother in with her, with hubby and I observing (someone has to take the photos!).

Just wondering what is the better experience or value for money - pink Dolphins at UWW or bottlenoses at the aquarium?

I have checked websites for both and couldn't find much detail on the bottlenoses at the aquarium as to how long they are and more importantly, the actual time in the water to compare with the 45 minute contact time at UWW.

Thanks for any advice or comparisons you may be able to share and any tips on ticket discounts.

I would suggest the pink dolphins as they are not common while bottlenose are very common and 45 minutes is quite a long time for a contact swim. The Singapore Visitor Centers that are here and there usually have discount booklets or coupons inside maps or booklets which could help you out.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone.

Try Adventure Cove http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Homepage/Attractions/AdventureCoveWaterpark :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks AzzanJenny - sounds very cute!

my pleasure, if you have any other questions regarding Singapore feel free to send me a private message as we are quite experienced after travelling there 7 times already and heading back for the 8th time in January ;)

There is a third option - the Adventure Cove Waterpark do a dolphin swim too. It looks like the Sentosa Resorts World website is down, which is why you can't get info on the aquarium/ Adventure Cove.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware, when I was looking into doing this too I came across a lot of sites saying that the way the dolphins are kept is not good for them, and there are some animal welfare issues of concern. Obviously Singapore has a pretty good reputation for these sorts of things compared with other countries in the region, but still, something to look into. We have chosen not to swim with the dolphins for this reason, though we may well try the ray bay at Adv. Cove.

There is a third option - the Adventure Cove Waterpark do a dolphin swim too. It looks like the Sentosa Resorts World website is down, which is why you can't get info on the aquarium/ Adventure Cove.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware, when I was looking into doing this too I came across a lot of sites saying that the way the dolphins are kept is not good for them, and there are some animal welfare issues of concern. Obviously Singapore has a pretty good reputation for these sorts of things compared with other countries in the region, but still, something to look into. We have chosen not to swim with the dolphins for this reason, though we may well try the ray bay at Adv. Cove.

We bring our little one to Adventure Cove and Universal Studio Singapore often as we are annual pass holder. Kids under 4 is free for both attractions. :)