Almost left in Bermuda on 9/11

luvsboozecruises

The fact that people have been left every week since the departure time change indicates there is a problem. Whether it is the contradictory information or passenger error, NCL's communication with its customers has degraded to the point where people no longer find them trustworthy. They could take steps to correct the problem, they could stop changing policy every month so that at least their own employees can keep up, but they don't. Instead they continue to forge, full speed ahead (while going much more slowly) into FDR's delusional vision.

I am going to take the opportunity to try other lines. I already booked my first Carnival cruise. My loyalty to NCL has been eroded by their lack of goodwill towards customers.

Good. Now one less handout of the DSC reduced paperwork for customer service to hand out and to process after the cruise.

Please don't put words in my mouth (or my posts ;)) I made no assumptions about what any passenger did or didn't do.

Take the boarding time, the port, the ship, etc out of it. My statement comes down to ... so long as the cruise line publishes bad information, the cruise line has some responsibility for any use of that information. How can that not be true?:confused:

Then explain why the other 4000-something people came back before 3pm? [emoji53] If the information from the cruise line was as bad as you and others claim, then why aren't there tens or hundreds of people stranded in Bermuda each week? Or any port stop for that matter, because their times was changed for earlier as well?

When are you going to admit that 2 people out of thousands each week, just can not tell time to save their own lives? That one or both of them have no common sense to look at a watch or cell phone and say to other, 'Hey, honey, were running late!' Or 'Yo, we're going to late!'. [emoji52] And if it is that super difficult to tell time between 2 people, no offense - reconsider taking the other person with you on a cruise, where the major drawback of cruising is getting back onboard before departure time or esle, you're on pier with everyone waving goodbye to the both of you at 3:10pm. [emoji52]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Arizona admits that there is a communication issue with NCL as most of us can agree on.

Yes, Cruiser, NCL does have a communications issue with their website and their terms and conditions and alerting the ships of new policies. I have never had the wrong time to be back onboard on any of my cruises on anything (it has been in the dailies, it has been announced a number of times, it is on signs and the crew also has on most of the cruise told people to have a great time and be back at X time), so I don't feel that they have a communication issue on the ships with regard to back onboard times. And, and this is a big AND, we have no idea what time the TVs say the onboard time is now on that cruise. Was it changed? We don't know, so I certainly don't understand why everyone is insisting that the time is wrong, when we don't know for sure it was wrong nor do we know that that is the reason that the passengers have been late.

Biker@Sea said that the Captain won't wait. I guess I would have to ask, why should he. They have a schedule and if passengers can't get back in time, that is their issue, not NCLs or the Captains. For those that think the Captain should wait. How long should he wait 10 minutes, 40 minutes, 2 hours?

Edited by NLH Arizona

Personally we check; check again and then when we are certain we know what time we have to be back on board we check for a third time!! ;)

The biggest NO NO is "I THOUGHT ....." the only safe way is "I KNOW ... and I have CHECKED". :D

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Good. Now one less handout of the DSC reduced paperwork for customer service to hand out and to process after the cruise.

That and I'm sure they can fill that Suite with another family or couple.[emoji57]

Actually the stupidest thing about this entire issue is that Ncl still hasn't changed their erroneous video

I expect a pax or 2 or 3 to miss every all aboard...but whatever

But for Ncl to continue to run erroneous Info? Really how hard is it to take down the tv feed? They should have enough sense to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually the stupidest thing about this entire issue is that Ncl still hasn't changed their erroneous video

I expect a pax or 2 or 3 to miss every all aboard...but whatever

But for Ncl to continue to run erroneous Info? Really how hard is it to take down the tv feed? They should have enough sense to do this

Again - if and when they take it down and 2 people are still late, what will you blame next for that lateness / tardiness? Why isn't hundreds of people late to the ship at around 4:30pm instead of 3pm, as per the video? *Shrug* [emoji52]

Yes, Cruiser, NCL does have a communications issue with their website and their terms and conditions and alerting the ships of new policies. I have never had the wrong time to be back onboard on any of my cruises on anything (it has been in the dailies, it has been announced a number of times, it is on signs and the crew also has on most of the cruise told people to have a great time and be back at X time), so I don't feel that they have a communication issue on the ships with regard to back onboard times. And, and this is a big AND, we have no idea what time the TVs say the onboard time is now on that cruise. Was it changed? We don't know, so I certainly don't understand why everyone is insisting that the time is wrong, when we don't know for sure it was wrong nor do we know that that is the reason that the passengers have been late.

Biker@Sea said that the Captain won't wait. I guess I would have to ask, why should he. They have a schedule and if passengers can't get back in time, that is their issue, not NCLs or the Captains. For those that think the Captain should wait. How long should he wait 10 minutes, 40 minutes, 2 hours?

1/2 hour seems reasonable.

Personally we check; check again and then when we are certain we know what time we have to be back on board we check for a third time!! ;)

The biggest NO NO is "I THOUGHT ....." the only safe way is "I KNOW ... and I have CHECKED". :D

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

That how one should always do when on a cruise, any appointment even a doctor's appointment or schedule - Double-check and if need be, triple and quad check it to make sure.

1/2 hour seems reasonable.
So, every ship should wait 30 minutes after their "back onboard time" if everyone is not onboard, to make sure folks don't miss the ship? What about those passengers that are 35 minutes late or an hour late, wouldn't they have a good case saying that they waited for those that were up to 30 minutes late, so why didn't they wait for us? Not to mention, if passengers ever found out that they would wait, any length of time, there would be those that would push the envelope and be late on purpose knowing the ship would wait for them. Kind of like the folks one poster said they overheard on the beach saying "if we are late they will wait for us".

Planes, buses, trains, ships, etc., have a schedule for a reason and I don't think there is any reason why they should have to wait because someone can't get there on time.

Edited by NLH Arizona

So, every ship should wait 30 minutes after their "back onboard time" if everyone is not onboard, to make sure folks don't miss the ship? What about those passengers that are 35 minutes late or an hour late, wouldn't they have a good case saying that they waited for those that were up to 30 minutes late, so why didn't they wait for us? Not to mention, if passengers ever found out that they would wait, any length of time, there would be those that would push the envelope and be late on purpose knowing the ship would wait for them. Kind of like the folks one poster said they overheard on the beach saying "if we are late they will wait for us".

Planes, buses, trains, ships, etc., have a schedule for a reason and I don't think there is any reason why they should have to wait because someone can't get there on time.

Yes. It's the right thing to do. 1/2 hour is reasonable.

Disagree.

State a time, stick to it. Anything else is asking for more problems.

Maybe it was an elderly person who thought she could make it back on time, but took a little longer than thought it would.

This is a cruise ship taking people in vacation, not a bus taking people to work on a schedule.

1/2 hour is perfectly reasonable.

Disagree.

State a time, stick to it. Anything else is asking for more problems.

Agree. Stick to the time and leave. You open yourself up to people that would take advantage of the situation if people know that they are going to wait x amount of time after they are supposed to leave.

Again - if and when they take it down and 2 people are still late, what will you blame next for that lateness / tardiness? Why isn't hundreds of people late to the ship at around 4:30pm instead of 3pm, as per the video? *Shrug* [emoji52]

Well actually I keep mentioning this just to show how poorly Ncl communicates...thus...regardless of it being 2 or 2000 pax...they must share the responsibility...due to their broadcasting of erroneous Info...regardless of if it 2 or 2000 pax

There is no way Ncl is off the hook...why? Because they are consistently broadcasting erroneous info and dont seem to care....that's why

Ncl is a publicly held corporation too...and they still dont correct their errors. Smh

Edited by luvtheships

Maybe it was an elderly person who thought she could make it back on time, but took a little longer than thought it would.

This is a cruise ship taking people in vacation, not a bus taking people to work on a schedule.

1/2 hour is perfectly reasonable.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that 1/2 hour is reasonable. However, I stand by my original statement that a cruise line needs to post a time and stick to it or risk more confusion and more problems.

Did anyone else on the Breakaway on fri 9/11 see the Pilot boat pull up next to the boat and pick up the port captain and drop off the 2 passengers they were called about 4 times before we left? Could only imagine what that cost the 2 people who missed the boat !! I'm sure it was not a fee ride....Thats how many weeks in a row that people have missed the boat out of Bermuda ?

People missed our ship? :eek:! Too funny (or not, maybe :confused:) ...'cause I was just saying on one of my roll calls that nobody missed the ship :p:o! I had no idea...I was up at the pool and I didn't see this!

People missed our ship? :eek:! Too funny (or not, maybe :confused:) ...'cause I was just saying on one of my roll calls that nobody missed the ship :p:o! I had no idea...I was up at the pool and I didn't see this!
Did you happen to notice what time the TV said to be back to the ship and was their adequate signage and announcements, as far as what time to be back onboard?

They should wait 1/2 hour unless all are already on board. Most times they probably wouldn't have to wait at all. I am sure people don't back to the ship late on purpose.

And if they're not back by 3:30pm when the ship was suppose to leave at 3pm, then what? You're going to wait 30 minutes more? And 30 minutes more after that and so on and so til 10pm? There's a reason why cruise lines have a cutoff time regarding tardiness and for how many.

Some people are just habitually late, always - You tell them it get to the movies by 9pm and still want arrive after 1am when both the movie is over and theater is closing for the evening. Not even a telephone call to say they are late or give you a raincheck.

Edited by maywell

If the ship has a scheduled departure of 3:00 and they are missing passengers, the right thing to do would be to wait a reasonable amount of time for them if.

If the captain is trying to teach someone a lesson then the only thing the passengers learn is the captain and or company is arrogant and unreasonable.

And if they're not back by 3:30pm when the ship was suppose to leave at 3pm, then what? You're going to wait 30 minutes more? And 30 minutes more after that and so on and so til 10pm? There's a reason why cruise lines have a cutoff time regarding tardiness and for how many.

Some people are just habitually late, always - You tell them it get to the movies by 9pm and still want arrive after 1am when both the movie is over and theater is closing for the evening. Not even a telephone call to say they are late or give you a raincheck.

30 minutes past 3:00 is 3:30. So yes, they would leave at 3:30.

I may or may not read the dailies. I might hear or pay attention to the announcements. But I also know we will never miss or nearly miss the ship departure!! No way.

We are very aware of important things like that.

I love cruising too much to be stuck on an island watching it sail off into the horizon with out me.

Besides, I'd be starving. And thirsty. [emoji10]