sailing in 12 days on the Triumph..

txtravelerfamily

Greetings everyone,

My family and I (husband and 2 daughters aged 13 and 14), will be sailing the Triumph on 26 Sept 2015. Please help me with some questions I have.:):):):)

We plan on doing our own excursions in both ports. There are 4 other ships in Cozumel the same day we are there. We plan on taking a cab to Chankannab Park. So questions..

1) Should we buy admission on line beforehand. My kids want to zip line, my husband and I just want to snorkel and relax (we are bringing our own snorkeling gear). Is it necessary or can we purchase admission once we get there?

2) Do the cabs take American Money? I read recently they stopped taking American Money.

In Progresso, I wanted to simply go to Merida to shop and stroll around on our own.

3) Is it easy to catch a cab or bus from the pier to the town and is it easy to get back to the pier? I am afraid of missing the boat (but not afraid enough to book a Carnival Excursion).

4)Once we get back in the area of the Port, is there a decent beach to hang out at for a while? I am not that concerned about peddlers, but I would like to be in walking distance of the pier.

Lastly, we will be spending the night before we leave in Galveston. We missed out on FTTF so...

5) Whats the earliest we can line up for boarding? We don't mind waiting on line a while to be on the boat faster..

Thanks in advance!!

I can only answer the last of your questions...

Wen you can arrive at port:

We usually get to port right at 11am, when cruising as a family. Now when I went on girl cruise, we had a last minute run to Walmart and arrived closer to 12:30 or 1. We had FTTF so we were onboard in 20 minutes, but the other line was soooooo very long.

Good luck, and have fun!

First off I wanna say the triumph is awesome and Yall will have a blast!

1) not sure about when to buy admission. But Cozumel is a big port and when there were four ships there last March there was still plenty of room in the port. I would think there's room to book the day of but I plan ahead so personally I would book now.

2) cabs in both progreso and Cozumel take USD no problems

3) I honestly wouldn't recommend a taxi for progreso....port can be a bit scary....there is a shuttle from where the boat docks to the port and then a bus station that goes all over progreso and for excursions. Everything else is walking distance. I recommend going to shops area it's like a flea market type deal but people will do ANYTHING to sell you something and they're super pushy.

4) progreso has a free beach area that you have to pay for chairs, umbrellas, etc but the beach area is pretty nice for a public beach. Cozumel has better beaches but there's are more resort type and you have to pay to travel there and pay to enter..

5) we got the the port for the freedom in Galveston at 10am and by the time we got through security we were zone 3 and had to wait maybe 10 minutes so we accidentally timed it perfectly

Have a great cruise and be sure and post lots of pics! Love the triumph and were thinking of going again after our freedom cruise in the spring