Using a virtual desktop on Carnival Freedom

Jana60

If possible I need to be able to do some work while on my cruise. I have to be able to use a virtual desktop via Citrix in order to do this. Does anybody who has used Carnival Freedom High Speed Internet know if it is possible to do this using that?

If there's anyone who is knowledgeable about computer systems, I need to be able to link up with the EHR of my patients which I am able to do via the Internet at home using a virtual network. Will it be possible to use this on Carnival Freedom?

Edited by Jana60

If the high speed is working properly- connecting thru Citrix should be fine. I was just on fascination, they offered the high speed and I purchased but never really had the high speed- at best it was regular speed, depending on number of users- afternoons and evenings got slower as more people on it then. My work connection, thankfully was thru direct internet login versus Citrix for this run. I was on freedom last year but high speed not offered then, but then I did connect thru my Citrix login on my laptop and iPad- it was slow at times and at some just sat, but was able to do what I needed to get by.

Thank you both very much! My plan is to purchase the high speed internet for the entire week so if its a little slow its not a problem since I will have plenty of time but if it could not support using a virtual network it would have been impossible since the network is secure and there is no other way to access it. Thanks again!

Edited by Jana60