Flight question NCL Dawn out of New Orleans.

tdeyette

We will be taking the Western Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans this fall and I’m looking into flights.

My first questions is: does NCL have a program where they will take your bags from the ship to the airport? If so, do you recall if Southwest is included and what is the earliest flight allowed for this program?

Second question, if this program is not available, for those who have sailed out of New Orleans, does a 11:40 flight seem do-able?

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I believe NCL ended the BAGS program. Nonetheless,

Southwest was never a part of that.

You might be able to make that flight. I would consider walk off at first chance and catch cab. That supposes the ship docks on time.

You are correct. The bags program was discontinued.

Normally, an 11:40am flight would be very doable since the Dawn is doing Sunday to Sunday cruises. However, the one huge thing that could throw a wench in that is if the Saints are playing a home game that day. Also, the Sunday after Thanksgiving will be a little nuts as well.

....However, the one huge thing that could throw a wench in that is if the Saints are playing a home game that day. .....

Never thought of that... we will be flying down Nov 27th and Back Dec 6th... looks like there is a home game on the 6th.... might be a mess traffic wise?

Never thought of that... we will be flying down Nov 27th and Back Dec 6th... looks like there is a home game on the 6th.... might be a mess traffic wise?

You can almost count on it. Looks like an early game, which will complicate things as well. Choose an afternoon flight to cover yourself.

Normally, an 11:40am flight would be very doable since the Dawn is doing Sunday to Sunday cruises. However, the one huge thing that could throw a wench in that is if the Saints are playing a home game that day. Also, the Sunday after Thanksgiving will be a little nuts as well.

I sure hope no one throws a pirate girl around.