B2B and Lifeboat Drill

Newbury newbie

It has nothing to do with being familar with a specific ship but to be familiar with your specific muster station on each cruise - in order to your comment to make any sense, one would need to sail always in the exact same cabin (while the muster station stays the same, the smaller muster group might vary based on occupancy in other cabins assigned to the same station).

No, the muster station for a cabin never changes. If cabin 5678 is station A3, it (and everyone in it) will always be A3. If you sail in the same cabin on your B2B, there is zero reason for you to go to the muster drill a second time, other than that it is a cruise line requirement.

Edited by gergles

No, the muster station for a cabin never changes. If cabin 5678 is station A3, it (and everyone in it) will always be A3.

Muster station is A, group is A3. There is a good reason why the group is printed on the keycard but only the muster station without group number is printed on the instructions behind the cabin door (they could if they wanted beause the current cabin and escape routes are marked anyway).

Edited by Demonyte

Wow. Hope your day improves.

I for one, find it interesting as to how other lines do things. I usually cruise on Royal Caribbean. When I post on there board, other cruise lines are mentioned. It helps to broaden the horizons, so to speak. It also helps to know how other lines operate. If every time I person answered a question on the Royal board, with only info about Royal, I would know nothing about Celebrity (or any other line). Thus, I would not have been tempted to try Celebrity for the first time. My time was not wasted.

By the way, the topic was muster drill - the poster did reply to the topic. And, it was about cruising. Again, the poster did reply about cruising.

I guess we understand things differently. The OP came on the CELEBRITY forum to ask about muster drills on a CELEBRITY B2B cruise. He did not ask about how Princess does this.

I come to the Celebrity forum to find out how Celebrity does things, not how other cruise lines do things. The OP asked about Celebrity, not other lines. To describe how an unrelated cruise line does it is irrelevant and provides zero assistance to the OP. If you want to find out how Princess, Royal, etc does things, go to the relevant forums or to the Ask A Cruise Question forum.

Edited by SantaFeFan

I guess we understand things differently. The OP came on the CELEBRITY forum to ask about muster drills on a CELEBRITY B2B cruise. He did not ask about how Princess does this.

I come to the Celebrity forum to find out how Celebrity does things, not how other cruise lines do things. The OP asked about Celebrity, not other lines.

While OP did not ask how other cruise lines do things, it became relevant at least when one other member gave false information about goverment requirements and at that point telling how other cruise lines do things was essential while correcting them.

Also the post by KikisDad was directly answering OP and giving information about differences between lines at the same time - nothing wrong there.

Muster station is A, group is A3. There is a good reason why the group is printed on the keycard but only the muster station without group number is printed on the instructions behind the cabin door (they could if they wanted beause the current cabin and escape routes are marked anyway).

The muster station with group number was printed on the door in the Silhouette and on the Breakway (NCL). The lifejackets also have group numbers, not just muster station. I find it highly unlikely they're reconfiguring lifejackets and door signs.