Comfort Suites - Dania Beach

Cisco Kid

Need feedback on Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port, located at 191 South West 19th Court, Dania Beach FL? Is this a safe area? Is the hotel near restaurants and shopping? Information would be greatly appreciated as I am considering have my group stay there pre-cruise, November, 2015. Thanks!!

This is a new hotel. Just opened a few months ago. The Cambria Suites sits right behind it and we've stayed at Cambria before. There's Oakwood Plaza right across the road with a bunch of stores and restaurants (Kmart, Fridays, Dave n Busters, BJ's). We are staying there (Comfort Suites) this Friday (9/18/15) pre-cruise so I'll report back and post some pics while I'm there!

d04a814dcc6405b7fe4c244ebfb87158.jpg65cec53c30c3fa9dd0b75685c75d1fea.jpg158fcfe1e63bb5e9e3e722bc519a62e4.jpgad1a17dd6b6dafbbaf7f1da5fd326066.jpg

Here are pics from our stay on 9/18/15. The hotel was beautiful. Beds were extremely comfortable with your choice of firm or soft pillows. Our room (#307) had 2 queens, separate living area with pullout sofa, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee pot, large screen tv, iron and ironing board, and a safe in the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by imluvncruzn

Hotel elevators were fast. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. We walked to Kmart and it poured so we called the hotel and she (Claudia) sent shuttle for us. We also had an early flight and arrived at 8am. Check-in isn't until 3:00pm so we had option to store luggage and hangout or pay $25 for early check-in. We opted for latter because it was raining out and we couldn't hang by pool. There is a Subway across the road (which is a 4 lane highway) or a sandwich shop (Mr. M's) on same side of road a short walk from hotel. We ate at Mr. M's and enjoyed everything we ordered (philly steak and cheese, meatball and provolone, and ham, salami, and Swiss). The pool is small. Only a few lounge chairs out there and the pool deep quick! I am 5'5" and couldn't even walk to halfway point without being on tippy toes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4561ba4a6281ba7f9bd5bb9d0f0cf3b3.jpg66e78f9fded245f67e29fb3f1dab028b.jpg8ff637a14f44cfc18602db6dbc0b4c0a.jpg7ad051ad9a77a8268ebbd552d260bde8.jpg

Edited by imluvncruzn

Breakfast was fine and usual Choice hotel offerings. First morning the hot items were scrambled eggs and ham slices. Next morning was cheesy scrambled eggs and sausage links and patties. They also offered breads, bagels, pastries, cereals, mini muffins, waffle maker, boiled eggs, yogurt, and fruits. Coffee maker allowed you to choose mild, regular, or strong roast and was available all day, which was nice.

Breakfast was fine and usual Choice hotel offerings. First morning the hot items were scrambled eggs and ham slices. Next morning was cheesy scrambled eggs and sausage links and patties. They also offered breads, bagels, pastries, cereals, mini muffins, waffle maker, boiled eggs, yogurt, and fruits. Coffee maker allowed you to choose mild, regular, or strong roast and was available all day, which was nice. "

Very nice & helpful review! Thanks for taking the time to post this, especially with all of the pictures.

I thank you for posting, as well. We will be staying here in April! Appreciate the info and pics. You wouldn't happen to know what time their 1st shuttle is to the cruise port? We may be taking a taxi instead, since there are 3 of us, but would still be nice to know. Thanks.

I thank you for posting, as well. We will be staying here in April! Appreciate the info and pics. You wouldn't happen to know what time their 1st shuttle is to the cruise port? We may be taking a taxi instead, since there are 3 of us, but would still be nice to know. Thanks.

I will be back there again tomorrow for a post-cruise stay so I'll ask about shuttle. We left out of Miami so used QLS (quality limo service). They picked us up at hotel and it took us 24 minutes from time we pulled out of driveway until we pulled into port (I timed it)! Oh BTW, the free hotel shuttle that picked us up at airport and brought us to hotel was very quick!

Edited by imluvncruzn

Thank you so much for the info and pics. We are looking at this hotel vs Sleep Inn 1500 SW 5th Avenue Dania Beach, as both sleep 6 and have a free airport shuttle for our January 2017 cruise.

You're welcome! Funny those are the two you are comparing because the Sleep Inn is our usual "go to" place. We loved the Comfort Inn. The beds were so amazing and comfortable. But....we will be going back to Sleep Inn for future visits. Comfort Inn is a nicer hotel but we like the convenience of location for Sleep Inn. Walking across that 4 lane highway was scary and it is a long walk to get to the nearest store to buy soda for cruise (which we always carry on). Sleep Inn has a 24 hour Walgreens just steps from their door and for us that makes the difference. If we were driving/renting a car we would stay at Cambria or Comfort Inn again.

We stayed there in August and did not have any problems. The room was clean and spacious. Also I believe there was a Cuban restaurant across the street. If you have a rental car there are a lot of restaurants just southeast of the hotel.

You're welcome! Funny those are the two you are comparing because the Sleep Inn is our usual "go to" place. We loved the Comfort Inn. The beds were so amazing and comfortable. But....we will be going back to Sleep Inn for future visits. Comfort Inn is a nicer hotel but we like the convenience of location for Sleep Inn. Walking across that 4 lane highway was scary and it is a long walk to get to the nearest store to buy soda for cruise (which we always carry on). Sleep Inn has a 24 hour Walgreens just steps from their door and for us that makes the difference. If we were driving/renting a car we would stay at Cambria or Comfort Inn again.

Thanks for the additional info. We will not have a rental car (there are 15 of us) so a hotel with free airport shuttle, restaurants close by & free breakfast are a must.

Our last cruise we stayed at a Best Western Plus 1221 W State Rd 84, Fort Lauderdale, which had a shopping plaza right next door but the rooms only hold 4 and the pricing is off the chart for peak season.

Ok I inquired about shuttle and was told it is $10pp and runs continuous on the hour. She (Claudia @ front desk) said there is no start time. They'll take you whenever you want to go.

Is this a shuttle to Port of Miami for $10 per person? Hoping so, that's $5 cheaper than SAS.