E ticket boarding time

kingo30

Hi

My wife and I are going on our first ever cruise in october onboard Britannia B524A, I recieved an email today saying the E tickets are now available but there is no boarding time mentioned anywhere on either. I need to arrange my transport to Southampton, do any experienced cruisers know when we will be told ?

Hi

My wife and I are going on our first ever cruise in october onboard Britannia B524A, I recieved an email today saying the E tickets are now available but there is no boarding time mentioned anywhere on either. I need to arrange my transport to Southampton, do any experienced cruisers know when we will be told ?

Have you looked on your Cruise Personaliser. I wish I could remember where it appears on there...failing that a quick ring to p and o and they should be able to tell you.

Do you have a cabin number ?

As an aside when you do have a boarding time try and stick fairly close to it. Britannia is doing a trial where your boarding time ties up with when your cabin should be ready. So when you do board you can go straight to your cabin.

Others have posted here that if they get there hours before, they have to wait in the terminal.

Hi

Yes we have a larger inside cabin, cruise personaliser states its on the E ticket but when I look to print the ticket it mentions knowhere about boarding times just the port address cabin number and type and then return flight details from Barbados, may have to give them a call.

Just called them, the lady stated it should be on the E ticket but when she looked she said its not on there, she then came back to me and said any time between 1pm and 3.30pm is fine. So looks like I will get there for 1pm.

Thanks for the help.

When I arrived at the terminal last week to board Britannia the ladies at the top of the escalator requested to look at my E-ticket prior to issuing a boarding sequence card with the code letter on it. This is a new system as outlined in my other post things seem to have changed. I believe this is to do with enforcement of the times to some extent.

Regards John

When I arrived at the terminal last week to board Britannia the ladies at the top of the escalator requested to look at my E-ticket prior to issuing a boarding sequence card with the code letter on it. This is a new system as outlined in my other post things seem to have changed. I believe this is to do with enforcement of the times to some extent.

Regards John

We were asked for ours too John and given a different check in card than others around us.

I also am on this cruise and also do not have a boarding time

I phoned P&O and they said it was a known glitch with one way cruises as it can't cope with a flight back but not out (or vice versa) so she did advise my time over the phone but it sounds like everyone who has chosen eticket won't know for sure....

So if it can't cope and they are just telling people to turn up between 1pm and 3.30pm then most will turn up at 1pm and there be a mad rush, I would rather turn up at an allotted time given to me than have to sit around for maybe 2 hrs, surely if I turn up at 1pm they should let you board after all they have not supplied a proper boarding time?

We were asked for ours too John and given a different check in card than others around us.

This happened to me; there were enormous numbers of people in the terminal but I found a seat on the end of a middle row. I said to the man next to me "I've never seen it this crowded, I think they are trying to sort things out by giving out different letters". He said he had cruised a fair bit with Royal Caribbean and with them you get on quicker, but not done P&O before. I doubted the rapid boarding with RCI and asked what letter he had got. "P" he said and they are on "D", what have you got? "F" says I and showed him. He was not a happy bunny as he saw me arrive two minutes earlier but he was kind enough to say that I would be getting on next.

Regards John

This happened to me; there were enormous numbers of people in the terminal but I found a seat on the end of a middle row. I said to the man next to me "I've never seen it this crowded, I think they are trying to sort things out by giving out different letters". He said he had cruised a fair bit with Royal Caribbean and with them you get on quicker, but not done P&O before. I doubted the rapid boarding with RCI and asked what letter he had got. "P" he said and they are on "D", what have you got? "F" says I and showed him. He was not a happy bunny as he saw me arrive two minutes earlier but he was kind enough to say that I would be getting on next.

Regards John

Everytime we thought it had come to our turn they changed the colours of the cards. Lesson learned not to arrive too early for Britannia in the future.:eek:

Everytime we thought it had come to our turn they changed the colours of the cards. Lesson learned not to arrive too early for Britannia in the future.:eek:

Totally agree with that Trish for a trouble free boarding situation. The sign near the "Letter Ladies" gave two choices 1. Priority Boarding or E-ticket showing the time shown (this was the current time) or 2. Get a random letter from the ladies. I suspect many will be given a letter towards the Z at this point.

I was very lucky on this day and know it.

Incidentally last time for my previous cruise I stayed at The Grand Harbour Hotel I used their "Cruise Lounge" You pay the fee and they look after your luggage and take you and luggage to the Cruise Ship quayside at a time of your choosing from their 15 minutes schedule (subject to availability of the slot). It was open from 7am to 7pm but you do not have to book a room at the hotel to use this facility. It is an option you can take to arrive at the ship very close to your e-ticket time and have a few drinks in their lounge while you wait or tour Southampton shopping.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hi

My wife and I are going on our first ever cruise in october onboard Britannia B524A, I recieved an email today saying the E tickets are now available but there is no boarding time mentioned anywhere on either. I need to arrange my transport to Southampton, do any experienced cruisers know when we will be

We are also on this cruise same as Medic13 above #7

Our check in time for B Deck is 12.30

Our friends also on B Deck 1pm

Our friends on F Deck 1pm

Our friends on G Deck 1pm

This might give you an idea

We have a roll call up and running if you look at Britannia Roll Call B524/B524A

23rd October Transatlantic - Caribbean you will find fellow cruisers on there.Some of the others might be able to help you. Please do come and join The Roll Call you will be made most welcome. :)

Edited by HELEN HENRY

If they are getting cabins ready for the time on the ticket it stands to reason the times won't be deck by deck. Just an assumption but surely there would be a spread of times on each deck as they work through them?

Edited by Florry

When I phoned she didn't give me an exact time just said anytime from 1pm to 3.30pm have other people been given times on your E ticket?

I also am on this cruise and also do not have a boarding time

I phoned P&O and they said it was a known glitch with one way cruises as it can't cope with a flight back but not out (or vice versa) so she did advise my time over the phone but it sounds like everyone who has chosen eticket won't know for sure....

It is usual to have a time on your ticket, but the quote from Medic suggests they have a bug in their system resulting in some without.

It is usual to have a time on your ticket, but the quote from Medic suggests they have a bug in their system resulting in some without.

It appears to be limited to etickets

Most people I've seen say it are eticket only (like me) and as you can see on the photo no time shown

ImageUploadedByForums1442474561.530466.jpg.192295153966837763e8ffd7fc08ada1.jpg