Is language a problem on Costa cruises?

magdt

Hello,

I found a cruise of Italy that I really like on the Costa cruise line. Obviously I'll be in a foreign country so language will be an issue but I'm wondering how much of a problem it is on ship.

I've heard that many of the passangers are non-Americans. How is the crew? Do waiters and crew members at help desks and the like speak English well?

thanks!

Perhaps I should have supplied some additional information. I was planning on going on the Costa Fortuna on 1/8/06. I'd was hoping to go on a few of the excursions and was wondering if language would be a problem.

Would the crew and tour guides speak enough English for me to get to the right places at the right time?

thanks!

Language is no problem at all - most of the crew speak virtually perfect English. All announcements are made in about five languages (English definitely not first though). When it comes to the excursions, you will be put on one with an English speaking guide. Occasionally if there aren't enough English speaking people to fill a coach, there might be one with say English/German in which case all the announcements will be in those two languages. It's really not a problem.

Archived