6a cabins on Triumph

tango55

We are thinking of booking a category 6a on the Triumph on deck 1. Just wondering what other's experience has been with those cabins?

we've never stayed on deck 1 before - is there any noise from below (there are only cabins above)

maybe cabin 1369?

Any suggestions or comments

thanks, Terry

1369 will be a 6B: midship on deck 1. I have stayed on deck 1 in the forward part on 2 different ships. Once was very far forward, then on the Dream, it was a deluxe OV a few rooms forward of the elevators. Neither had noise problems from below, but I could hear the waves hitting the front of the ship. It's hard to know exactly what is below you from deck 1. For more security in that regard, you could go with the forward part of deck 2 (same category 6B as room 1369). Those are below the theater or backstage, which will produce noise during shows, but those are over by 11:30 at the latest. Rehearsals could interfere with naps. If you choose a room between the forward & midship elevators (category 6C), you will either be below the lobby area or the dining room, which are great locations. The dining room is totally silent all night long, and almost no noise gets through even when it's in use. Just don't end up below the galley/kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed Triumph back on 2/2014. This was after the ship was back in service from the power outage which led to sewage/toilet overflowing. All I can say, is that we were on a higher deck, deck 6 and were happy to be. Because we went down to lower decks to see friends, and there was still a very strange odor in the air. It was not pleasant. Going back up to the higher decks, the air was much better. I'm going back in 2/2016, and on deck 6 again.

Edited by MyronH