Just Returned on Celebrity Millennium Seward to Vancouver B. C.

onespots

Thanks for the response.

Did you book directly through Hertz? It is frustrating to me that I am not seeing availability on-line and when I called them directly the person told me misinformation.

I will definitely call them back and get to the bottom of this.

I am trying to remember how exactly I booked my vehicle, but I believe it was an add on to my airfare via expedia. I tried to duplicate what I did to get you an answer with no luck?? I've actually gone back and triple checked my reservations, and yep, no drop off fees at all. But here is a link to the Seward section of Hertz's website. I'm definitely holding on to my confirmation and statement of fees!

http://rentacaralaska.com/

Sorry, I was hoping to link you directly to my connection

I am trying to remember how exactly I booked my vehicle, but I believe it was an add on to my airfare via expedia. I tried to duplicate what I did to get you an answer with no luck?? I've actually gone back and triple checked my reservations, and yep, no drop off fees at all. But here is a link to the Seward section of Hertz's website. I'm definitely holding on to my confirmation and statement of fees!

http://rentacaralaska.com/

Sorry, I was hoping to link you directly to my connection

Thanks for trying. I am happy for you that you have your reservation. I will just keep my fingers crossed that something comes up or changes in the coming months.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your detailed review. I'm glad to see the Millie is up to par. We will be cruising next June and just finished our planning and reserving. On the northbound trip, ending in Seward, doing the harbor tour. Next off to Anchorage on a shuttle. Spending a day exploring, then picking up rental car. Spending a few days in Denali. Taking a circle tour for 8 days over to Valdez, then back up to Anchorage before home. Our main goal is scenery and your review says there is plenty. Thanks for the help.

Libtrek

Thanks for report. Can you describe the last cruise segment thru Inside Passage east of Vancouver Island. Did you go thru the narrow channels close to shore before darkness and see a lot as ship neared Vancouver?

To Greydog

The portion of this trip through the inside passage is reasonably close to shore & you have the opportunity to enjoy the scenery. As we had a port side balcony cabin, we could enjoy this section without going out on deck or to the observation lounge. However we discovered the best viewing, was from the bow as we entered the islands just north of Vancouver Island. About 5-7:00 pm on the evening before debarkation, we had a beautiful day & calm seas. As we entered the beginning section of smaller islands, we were greeted by many pods of Killer Whales. They were quite active during this time.

The Orca Lab is located here, a research station nestled along Hanson Island. This is in the waters of the Inside Passage just north of Vancouver Island. Here they study the whale's habitat & monitor their movements year around.

We were very lucky to see all of this. We had the early MDR seating, & we were late not arriving until 6:30 pm due to observing all these whales.

I hope this answers your question. John