Beach Horse Back riding on TP ports?

SeaYa52

We'll be sailing the TP in July on the 12 night cruise out of Hawaii - anyone know of a great beach ride in any of the ports? We've done Randi's Happy Horses in Mexico - she was the best - and would like to find something like that again if we could.

:-) Thanks!

Just back from the 8-22 sailing...did the horseback through the ship on Raiatea, just in a rain forrest. Talked to people who did the one offered through the ship on Huahine..they just had a beach view... You ride english and the horses are Marquesan(small) so the weight limit is 180 lbs.

I have ridden in Mexico on the beach I don't think you will find an experience in Tahiti like that........Look on the Tahiti site though...you might find something....good luck

...there were only 7 of us and everyone waited for me because I was late by 30 minutes(we tendered 20 minutes away)...so I was just happy to be on a horse.

The people were a great group and forgiving of my tardiness(because all were aware of the tender problem, I waited 25 minutes to get one) so this might shade my view of the excursion............It was your typicial trail ride up the hill, through the rain forrest, quite muddy and alot of branches and palm frongs to avoid. When we reached the top there was a quick view of the sea and island in the distance, the guide points this out to you so you don't miss it........The horses were very spirited and seemed well cared for...but we just mostly walked/ I had a great horse..he obeyed very well and moved when I wanted him to..I think the price was 64 dollars?? I felt it was worth it...you are taken in a van probably a ten minute drive...the guides speak little English so don't expect a conversation unless you speak french. I booked the last ride of the day...did the drift snorkel in the am. Have fun

Archived