How long after order did you receive your Carnival gift card(s)?

GottaLuvCruising

How long did it take to receive Carnival gift cards?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take to receive Carnival gift cards?

• One week or less
    • More than one week, but less than two
    • More than two weeks, but less than three
    • More than three weeks

Hi there. I think the poll might be a helpful tool, but if I were to vote, I'd have to vote more than once, since I've placed multiple orders from both Verizon and AARP, and the time frames have been very different.

I've sometimes gotten them in less than a week, sometimes more than a week, and once never received the order at all (one $500 card order from Verizon Rewards was lost by UPS, and it took me days and lots of frustration to get the charge refunded to my credit card).

Yesterday I placed an order through AARP for four $100 cards (which will most likely arrive by regular mail), and this morning I placed an order through AARP for one $500 card (which most likely will be shipped through UPS).

Not saying I'll never order through Verizon again, but right now they're not my favorite because of the poor customer service when my previous order was "lost." I was leaving on a cruise and needed that card for my S&S account, and, of course, they couldn't replace the order and get it to me on time. They wanted to keep my money and fulfill the order whenever they got another supply--I don't think so! The customer service was terrible, and they kept giving me lame excuses and no real answers. I had to threaten a charge-back through my credit card company to get the refund. Bad enough that I wouldn't have the $500 card to use on the cruise, but then they wanted to tie up some of my credit card balance, too?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the poll results.

Hi there. I think the poll might be a helpful tool, but if I were to vote, I'd have to vote more than once, since I've placed multiple orders from both Verizon and AARP, and the time frames have been very different.

I've sometimes gotten them in less than a week, sometimes more than a week, and once never received the order at all (one $500 card order from Verizon Rewards was lost by UPS, and it took me days and lots of frustration to get the charge refunded to my credit card).

Yesterday I placed an order through AARP for four $100 cards (which will most likely arrive by regular mail), and this morning I placed an order through AARP for one $500 card (which most likely will be shipped through UPS).

Not saying I'll never order through Verizon again, but right now they're not my favorite because of the poor customer service when my previous order was "lost." I was leaving on a cruise and needed that card for my S&S account, and, of course, they couldn't replace the order and get it to me on time. They wanted to keep my money and fulfill the order whenever they got another supply--I don't think so! The customer service was terrible, and they kept giving me lame excuses and no real answers. I had to threaten a charge-back through my credit card company to get the refund. Bad enough that I wouldn't have the $500 card to use on the cruise, but then they wanted to tie up some of my credit card balance, too?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the poll results.

Good points! I also placed multiple orders. I went to "advanced edit" but it won't let me modify the poll to accept multiple replies.

I hope I have better luck with my Verizon orders...

Good points! I also placed multiple orders. I went to "advanced edit" but it won't let me modify the poll to accept multiple replies.

I hope I have better luck with my Verizon orders...

2 orders within a week and 3 orders before 2 weeks were over.

I think I have ordered 6 times from aarp and they have all been delivered within 7 days. UPS was 3 days after they shipped, for total of 4 days. USPS was within 7 days snail mail.

I have some that I ordered last week and they shipped them on the 11th, so should be getting them today or tomorrow if it goes as usual.

I can't vote because I haven't received mine yet. But I bought 5 $100 cards on 9/9 (9 days ago) and the order still says "pending". I bought another 5 $100 cards yesterday 9/16 and that order says "pending" as well, but that's to be expected. I verified the first order 4 days ago and I'm not sure why it's not processing.

I can't vote because I haven't received mine yet. But I bought 5 $100 cards on 9/9 (9 days ago) and the order still says "pending". I bought another 5 $100 cards yesterday 9/16 and that order says "pending" as well, but that's to be expected. I verified the first order 4 days ago and I'm not sure why it's not processing.

I would give them a call and find out why still pending. The ones I ordered on the 9th were shipped on the 11th. If you check your activity log and click on the order it will give you the order number and the number to call.

I have two concerns. One is that I plan to make a cruise deposit with some of mine, so I'd like to have them on hand to do so when the fare is right. My other concern is that we are at our summer home in Maine and leave here in four weeks or a little less. My credit card address is our Florida home, but I had them shipped here. So if that creates any challenges, I'd like to know and resolve them ASAP.

I would give them a call and find out why still pending. The ones I ordered on the 9th were shipped on the 11th. If you check your activity log and click on the order it will give you the order number and the number to call.

I've called twice about it they just said they sent the verification information to the warehouse and I'll be notified when it ships.

Hi Mainer-

Has Verizon stopped offering the option of e-gift cards? I used those last year and was emailed the code in less than a minute and I applied the cards to my balance within 4 minutes. Enjoy Maine and don't let the black flies bite. ;)

Unfortunately they did (no more e-cards.) It's mosquitos that want to carry us off now! Sounds like you have experienced Maine!

ordered 5 $100 from Verizon on 9/10 first delivery attempt (required signature) made 9/16, finally had in hand last night, applied to my cruise moments later :) also bought $1000 from citi easydeals (also 10% savings also) about 2 days apart (they limit to 500 also) and those were instant ecards also worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone for the heads up about these gift cards, I had these 'points' from both these sources and always felt they were worthless but they've saved me over $150 so far, and I am just thrilled!

A couple CC members who ordered Carnival gift cards the same day I did can see that theirs have shipped, but mine have not. I called, got great service and was able to verify all three orders 2xVerizon and 1 AARP in one call. So if you are sitting there looking at "pending" for a few days, it's worth checking on.

I have ordered 3 times from AARP, all in increments of $100 cards and have received them in 7days.............No issues there, it seems if you order in large amounts $500+, there seems to be a delay for whatever reason. I am sure it is the same company for both Verizon and AARP that handles the cards as they seem to be available at the same time and sell out at the same time.....?????

I have ordered 3 times from AARP, all in increments of $100 cards and have received them in 7days.............No issues there, it seems if you order in large amounts $500+, there seems to be a delay for whatever reason. I am sure it is the same company for both Verizon and AARP that handles the cards as they seem to be available at the same time and sell out at the same time.....?????

Each of my orders was $500 or more. I had read that some orders had to be verified, but figured they'd notify me. Glad I called! There is a cruise I am poised to book, but hoping to use the gift cards.

Each of my orders was $500 or more. I had read that some orders had to be verified, but figured they'd notify me. Glad I called! There is a cruise I am poised to book, but hoping to use the gift cards.

Yea the verification process seems to be hit and miss with the $500 amounts, thus I stick to the $100 increments.

I hope you do book that upcoming cruise as we are on that same cruise you are pondering, hope to see you onboard!

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Yea the verification process seems to be hit and miss with the $500 amounts, thus I stick to the $100 increments.

I hope you do book that upcoming cruise as we are on that same cruise you are pondering, hope to see you onboard!

We are confirmed on 1/3 and WILL book 1/14. I check fares 4 or 5 times a day and count available staterooms daily. I already have our return flights from New Orleans on the 24th booked. But I had held the 1/14 sailing at $369...not certain that we were going to do it...kicking myself now!!

We are now booked - all 21 days!

Bought my gift cards 5 days ago and STILL no shipping information. I did call to verify the orders.

Congrads!!! :D

Looking forward in meeting you!

What did they say about the orders, did you order in crazy amounts as that seems to hold up things?

Congrads!!! :D

Looking forward in meeting you!

What did they say about the orders, did you order in crazy amounts as that seems to hold up things?

I had three orders: $500, $500 and $1,500 from Verizon & AARP. They just asked me some questions, gave me authorization numbers and said they'd be processed for shipping now. That was two days ago.

Are you on both legs? Looking forward to meeting you, too!

I had three orders: $500, $500 and $1,500 from Verizon & AARP. They just asked me some questions, gave me authorization numbers and said they'd be processed for shipping now. That was two days ago.

Are you on both legs? Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Just the 2nd leg on the 14th, could not take that much time off of work~:eek:

I have noticed when ordering on orders of $500 or more it seems to take time and they need some kind of verification that one did order them? That is a hit and miss with both of them, some automatically get the verification call and others have had to call them..................

I have only ordered in increments of $300 and have received them all in 7 days from order.........:confused:

We will have to meet up for a drink or two or three.............