Norwegian Spirit New Cabins On Deck 13

MILEMRKR63

I just checked my balcony guarantee assignment and was assigned a new balcony cabin on the Spirit on deck 13. From looking at the deck plans, the cabins look more square that the longer BA's on deck 11 and the balconies look longer but not as deep. Anyone know if these cabins will be bigger or is just the way they were printed on the deck plans.

Are these cabins balconies going to have toppers on them or will they be exposed to the areas above (that would be the sky since this is the top deck).

Thank you kindly for any responses.

Bring your measuring tape and measure it for us, we are all dying to know anything about the new BA cabins on deck 13.... On the deck plans at NCL's website, they do appear slightly wider in width and shorter in length, providing as you say a longer balcony. But until someone brings a measuring tape we'll never know....

And we still have to wait until after the drydock next month before anyone can measure them as they don't exist today.....

Oh, Don, bite your tongue! It can't be gone....we figured it would just be shorter.... The promenade deck isn't designed for speed walking (we're not joggers)...and can't compare to walking topside. Anyway, we will be sure to report back, though I hope that people on the first cruise out of drydock will let us know!

It's really hard to visualize what they are going to do to deck 13 - but we'll have to be patient.

P.S. When is the new Wallace & Gromit coming out? We've got The Wrong Trousers memorized...

Before Christmas, either in November or December. I'm also waiting for the next Harry Potter film too, the Goblet of Fire..

Maybe you could power walk around the pool on deck 13. As I recall you could walk in front of the midships elevator around the pool, without having to walk all the way around the smokestack.

There is a nice article about the upcoming Wallace & Gromit feature in the new Entertainment Weekly.

I have considered that we will simply have to do laps around the pool. It sure seems weird not to be able to walk completely around Deck 13 since we did it last time. The thread showing the Spirit in drydock is great, and I will be following the progress, as I am sure you will be !

HMMM... kinda strange.

I noticed today that suddenly on NCL web site, the deck plans for deck 13 do not show any BA cabins on them. I also noticed that yesterday morning, there were all deck 13 BA'S available then about an hour later, only BA's on deck 11 were lft and no deck 13's were on the site.

Did something change with the drydock plans or is it just a glicth in the system?

It could be a glitch in the system. Or maybe NCL changed its mind, or the cabins aren't ready for this drydock..... I know, I can't believe I wrote this either.

Or with all of the hoopla over the cabins on deck 13 NCL decided to upgrade their classification from a BA to a AE mini-suite, from all red to yellow with blue or red stripes. This would force NCL to change its deck plans on its website.

If anything, the Norwegian Spirit is missing mini-suites.....

Or most probably: I was thinking maybe the reason why NCL dropped the new deck 13 deckplans from its website was to accomodate these short cruises as the new cabins on deck 13 may not be ready then....

Received this in an ad from Travelzoo yesterday.

SAN FRANCISCO--SEPTEMBER 30, 2005-- Norwegian Cruise Lines

just announced that three brand-new itineraries that sail

roundtrip from San Francisco are just $99-$199 per person.

Here's your chance to experience a Norwegian cruise for the

lowest prices we've ever seen.

NCL is offering these prices because they just decided to

take their ship, the Spirit, out of dry-dock earlier than

planned. After these October sailings, the Spirit continues

on to New York for the winter.

This means they are offering outstanding deals on these

cruises:

- $99: 1-night "cruise to nowhere"

Departs Saturday, October 15 from San Francisco

Upgrades: Oceanview +$20, Balcony +$50, Suite +$100

- $199: 5-night Pacific Coast cruise

Departs Sunday, October 16 from San Francisco

Upgrades: Oceanview +$30, Balcony +$80, Suite +$130

- $149: 2-night "cruise to nowhere"

Departs Friday, October 21 from San Francisco

Upgrades: Oceanview +$20, Balcony +$50, Suite +$100

These prices are so low that cabins will likely sell out

quickly.

Could it be the reason NCL has "decided" to pull the Spirit from drydock early, and subsequently schedule these 3 new cruises from San Francisco, is because they've cancelled the plans to add cabins to deck 13? Is that why they've mysteriously disappeared from the deck plans on NCL's site?

Hmm, this is rather odd....but I do have to say that I will NOT be disappointed if NCL does not put cabins on Deck 13. I just don't see how it will work out! MILEMKER63 I am sure that you would find a BA cabin on deck 11 just fine :) - maybe we'll see you at the Bier Garten sometime...

I'm going to disagree with a technicality. I also don't think BA cabins on Deck 13 is a good idea. But, looking into the future, mini-suites will become increasingly more popular with more cruisers. The Spirit has none. If NCL is going to put accomodations on Deck 13, they should as a minimum be mini-suites. I would also consider adding Garden and/or Courtyard suites.

The Spirit has 18 suites, the Pride of Aloha has only 14. Meanwhile, the Sun has 54 suites, and the Pride of America has 52. Ten to twenty years from now, which ships do you think NCL will wish to retire early? I'll give you hint, it will not be the Sun or the Pride of America. :(

It now appears the Spirit won't be receiving new cabins on deck 13, the reason the deck plan was withdrawn and her early departure from drydock. A subcontractor is to blame.

At least she'll receive the improvements to make her a better ship for the American market: more cabins on deck 4, galley improvements, a new larger high energy disco, a larger gift shop and photo gallery, a new midships bar by the pool, and a reworked Raffles buffet area.

It wouldn't surprise me in the future if the Spirit, Pride of Aloha, Pride of America, and the Sun were extended with a plug of 80-100 feet still allowing them to use the Panama Canal for repositioning cruises.

Uh Oh....

My NCL BS detectors are starting to go off.....

It is well documented in my other posts that I "Trust" this cruise line as far as I can throw it. 2 of the main reasons we booked this cruise were we would be on a recently refitted ship and the dirt cheap price.....

I am wondering what else is being dropped from the refit/remodel..........

Uh Oh....

It is well documented in my other posts that I "Trust" this cruise line as far as I can throw it. 2 of the main reasons we booked this cruise were we would be on a recently refitted ship and the dirt cheap price.....

Look at it this way, without the extra cabins she won't have any more people aboard than her usual compliment, she is having everything else sorted, so thats more for you to play with and more space to do it in :)

Uh Oh....

Tell your NCL detectors to calm down.

There is plenty of time between now and your scheduled trip in November.

By then, everything should be worked out perfectly.

Congratulations on getting a bargain deal on this cruise.

Have a great time, and don't stress just yet!

Happy Cruising

According to NCL, there will most definitely be cabins on deck 13. She asked where I heard where they may not be adding cabins on deck 13 and I said from the internet and she said that was untrue. She stated they have begun the access construction for these cabins to be added on deck 13 and the cabins will be ready for occupancy for cruises booked in late October.

Hmmm, this is most interesting......I still cannot see cabins on Deck 13 that won't mess with the walking track, but the suspense is killing me! :)

I suppose that the walking track is not a concern to many people, but the elimination of the ability to walk completely around the upper deck of the Spirit is definitely a bad thing to us. I guess we'll have to wait & see....

It wouldn't be the first time that NCL's customer service desk gave out wrong information. I remember a past post where someone said they called and were told their 1500 watt hairdryer wouldn't be a problem on the Spirit. That was obviously a big mistake as the Spirit Freestyle Daily reminded everyone that no wattage greater than 500 was allowed. It's my opinion that no deck 13 cabins are being installed at this time. Too much documentation to the contrary. Happy Sailing!

Per a response which I received from Colin Veitch today, in regard to some other questions about the Spirit, he added:

QUOTE: "Incidentally, the short cruises are available now because we have shortened the dry dock because a sub-contractor who was to have added cabins to deck 13 has let us down. Hence, not as much time needed in dry dock (all the rest of the work takes less time than the cabins would have) and also no change to deck 13." UNQUOTE

Per a response which I received from Colin Veitch today, in regard to some other questions about the Spirit, he added:

QUOTE: "Incidentally, the short cruises are available now because we have shortened the dry dock because a sub-contractor who was to have added cabins to deck 13 has let us down. Hence, not as much time needed in dry dock (all the rest of the work takes less time than the cabins would have) and also no change to deck 13." UNQUOTE

That's very interesting. Anything else in your email from Colin that might interest us?

That's very interesting. Anything else in your email from Colin that might interest us?

Could be, and then again, maybe not. I had previously addressed the dress code, and most recently asked about short cruises out of the Seattle area.

Nothing definitive in response to these, but he did then add the little tidbit about deck 13 which I have shared with all of you.

I was surprised to receive the e-mail so quickly, and especially on a Sunday afternoon. Guess Mr. V is working overtime to catch up with all of our inquiring minds. His response was truly appreciated.

If or when I receive more replies, I certainly will share them with the board.

SailAways :)

Archived