Where to Eat?

mandms40

My favorite place near the Airport and the SE 17th Hotels is Ernie's Bar B Que at 1843 S. Federal Hwy (Rt. 1) on the west side of street just before you get to SE 17 coming from Airport. Their specialty is Conch Chowder and Bimini Bread. You'd have a hard time spending more than $15 pp.

You'll think you're in Key West already.

My favorite place near the Airport and the SE 17th Hotels is Ernie's Bar B Que at 1843 S. Federal Hwy (Rt. 1) on the west side of street just before you get to SE 17 coming from Airport. Their specialty is Conch Chowder and Bimini Bread. You'd have a hard time spending more than $15 pp.

Is it a lunch or dinner place? What kind of menu do they have? We are staying at the Comfort Suites in between cruises - shold be very close

Ron

I believe the Comfort Suites is just across the street. It's very very informal,except they do have valet parking at lunchtime. That's only because the parking lot overflows with cars. At lunch I always get the 1/2 BBQ sliced pork sandwich and Conch chowder. It's not on the menu, so ask for it. The BBQ sauce is great. The pork, not so great. But I love it on those thick slices of Bimini Bread. Good Key Lime pie too.

The menu is all sandwiches, so don't expect anything fancy at dinner time. But it'll sure get you in the right mood for your cruise.

BBQ sounds good! Hey Ron...where ya been...we've missed you!:rolleyes:

Archived